or Connect

Posts by IIIrd Icon

Looks like they're on 430 mini lugs= rubber soles__ not as durable as composite, like 700.Viberg seems able to tuck the 705 half soles as neatly ... dunno why White's aren't able to.
Rate of wear is about the same as Dainite.
@FOK__ ๐Ÿ™„Yeah, was afraid that that was the case ... Just've roll ๐ŸŽฒ๐ŸŽฒ & see , then. Tnx for chiming in๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
^ 'Got Biltrite Neoprene Cords on my Dayton Drivers. Had them for 5yrs= @round 2yrs of effective wear. The soles are showing only slight wear__ sooo darn durable. Heels were recently replaced w/ Vibram composite. NEW Tho I don't mind this Biltrite as substitute ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
^ Mind you, those are from normal city wear ... Nothing off road or strenuous. But, yeah, they're pretty cool__ to collect [on display] ... or for hanging out indoors ... on smooth or carpeted floors๐Ÿ˜ฌ Truth is, once the novelty of the CP design embossment wears in, you're left w/ nothing but rubber soles, really. Practical dude, like me, would rather make the most of a $750 pair of boots ... try to avoid the anguish & possible complications of a costly premature...
^ Like I said, re-heel, I don't mind__ but re-sole is more costly, takes longer ..... & opens up the possibility of a botch re-sole job ๐Ÿ˜• Now, if I have to riddle the sole w/taps or w/e just to preserve the soles !?!?!? ... That'll be dumb. Its either you embrace the concept wholly or not. It was discussed awhile back that there's a limited availability on the CP half-soles. IMO, now is the time to re-evaluate, since GMTO has not kick into production just yet.
Xposting from GMTO thread:
@HOPPER Owners: 'Thought I'd share my Cat's Paw experience w/ you peeps regarding wear & durability for reconsideration__ a swap to a more durable Vibram 705 composite half soles. I've had mine on the LoneWolf for less than a year of effective wear. IMO, [heritage] nostalgia is great, but short live & impractical, in this case. Base on the rate of the soles wearing in from [light] use, they'll need a re-sole in about 2yrs. The heels, I don't mind/care cuz they're an...
^ Fit/cut config is constant. Sizing depends on the denim used__ eg, VX 17oz, XX 19oz, 24oz, etc.
@BlueHorseShoe : Fab dye job__ very courageous, considering the costly risk๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป 'Recently DIYed my English Tan Latigo Derbies to Army Tan. Priorly planned for Oxblood or #8, but decided to try something a bit different. 'Envisioned the color to be a few shades lighter [as on the "Angelus" color chart]. I'm hoping they'd lighten up a tad more once the "Scarlet" Meltonian creme seeps in/dries out & the top color gradually flakes away from constant brushing & wear.