or Connect

Posts by otterhound

Great stuff, man! And lovely accoutrement. This is the second time I've admired your attire and the tailoring looks similar. Where do you get your stuff?
Along with many of my presbyopic baby boomer friends, I've been forced to move to a big ol' phablet, in my case a Nexus 6. Can't see a thing on a little screen. This is not a lightweight device. If I attempt to carry it in the breast pocket of a suit/sports jacket it destroys the jacket's drape. It is also too big to fit in trouser pockets. This has led me to contemplate a man-purse, having no better ideas. Which is something I can do, but am not thrilled with. For...
The fit on that jacket is impeccable. Well done.
I want to commission a black & white herringbone, peak-lapel, single-breasted tweed jacket. English cut: hard structured jacket with waist suppression. My budget is $1,000. So I know what I want, I just don't know how to accomplish it. I live in Dallas. From my research, there are no tailors here that get good reviews except Chris Despos, and I have no idea whether his house style has any resemblance to what I want or whether he'd have any interest in the project in any...
Why anyone who could afford it would voluntarily endure coach class these days is beyond me.
Quote: Originally Posted by jackmccullough Allow me to suggest an alternative perspective: Grow up. We get older, our hair turns gray, some of us lose our hair. Just keep getting it cut shorter and you'll look like what you are: a man of your age. Don't waste your money, stay in shape, and you can still look good. Or, to put it another way, if it's good enough for Jean-Luc Picard, isn't it good enough for you? Damn straight. Society is...
How about Elizabeth Fraser of Cocteau Twins? For those of you who like the Sundays, I bet you'd like Cocteau Twins as well.
Melissa Theuriau is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Not just the most gorgeous news chick, the most gorgeous chick period. god.
I'll check those out. Actually, the wear I was describing was on the inner padding between the foot and the shoe, rather than between the shoe and the floor.
My house has stained concrete floors. They are hard and cold. Therefore, I wear slippers indoors year-round. Problem is, my slippers wear out in no time. The heel padding is destroyed in a matter of weeks, and the slipper then provides no padding against the hard floor. Can anyone recommend a brand of slipper that lasts - price no object?