or Connect

Posts by cnh121

Ok, thanks for the feedback. And damn you kulata for pointing out my child-bearing hips.
"Cover your seat" rule... no? Actually, nevermind, I don't want to bring up that argument.Thank you for the feedback though.
Just got the trial suit in. Sent pics to Aaron last night. What adjustments do you guys think? Here are my initial thoughts: Jacket - Shoulders (mostly left) sit little weird, kind of further back than my natural shoulder (possibly switch to natural shoulder?). Waist take in 2cm and the button stance lowered 2cm. Sleeves are too short. Vary from showing 1.5cm cuff on the front side of the cuff, to up to 4cm on the back side of the cuff. Looking for more of a .75cm to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint Creasing at the top of the heel indicates you did not use a shoehorn, possibly causing this yourself. I used a shoe horn, and only put it on once.
Thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't exaggerating the situation.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 That's a nice looking shoe. Unless the threads were actually split or unraveling I would keep them. But they're supposed to be perfect
I recently purchased these Cheaneys to add to my collection. However on the heel it looks like there is a tear. It's hard to tell what's going on here. Should I return them? Edit: The other shoe is not like this obviously, can provide pictures if needed.
Quote: Originally Posted by bowtielover I am thinking of circulating it to all of them via email to give them a hint, since direct approach dosen't seem to be working. Maybe your direct approach isn't working because it's tackier than their "flattened collars".
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant ^ Do you actually attempt to enforce what that "article" talks about? Fit of the trouser, quality of the tie? Much of what he calls "faux pas" is merely stylistic opinion. "A cheap necktie stands out like a sore thumb?" A simple Macy cheap rep stripe will go unnoticed by 99%. A lot of generic blathering with not a lot of good, specific directions. Archer is awesome. Nice. And completely agree....
Quote: Originally Posted by killercadi I thought all was lost for me also. About three weeks ago I went to the mail box and there was my jacket I ordered back in October. I guess I lucked out. The problem with this is that dealing with a MTM tailor is an investment for many people, more so than for the first suit/jacket. The first item will in all probability turn out imperfect. Subsequent purchases should become gradually more to the...