or Connect

Posts by cnh121

Quote: Originally Posted by Man Of Lint Creasing at the top of the heel indicates you did not use a shoehorn, possibly causing this yourself. I used a shoe horn, and only put it on once.
Thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't exaggerating the situation.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 That's a nice looking shoe. Unless the threads were actually split or unraveling I would keep them. But they're supposed to be perfect
I recently purchased these Cheaneys to add to my collection. However on the heel it looks like there is a tear. It's hard to tell what's going on here. Should I return them? Edit: The other shoe is not like this obviously, can provide pictures if needed.
Quote: Originally Posted by bowtielover I am thinking of circulating it to all of them via email to give them a hint, since direct approach dosen't seem to be working. Maybe your direct approach isn't working because it's tackier than their "flattened collars".
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant ^ Do you actually attempt to enforce what that "article" talks about? Fit of the trouser, quality of the tie? Much of what he calls "faux pas" is merely stylistic opinion. "A cheap necktie stands out like a sore thumb?" A simple Macy cheap rep stripe will go unnoticed by 99%. A lot of generic blathering with not a lot of good, specific directions. Archer is awesome. Nice. And completely agree....
Quote: Originally Posted by killercadi I thought all was lost for me also. About three weeks ago I went to the mail box and there was my jacket I ordered back in October. I guess I lucked out. The problem with this is that dealing with a MTM tailor is an investment for many people, more so than for the first suit/jacket. The first item will in all probability turn out imperfect. Subsequent purchases should become gradually more to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by idfnl Esquire is the right answer. Really? I thought you saw their Golden Globes issue. The Rake
Quote: Originally Posted by winston I'm glad I didn't go ahead with the order I had planned, but I really wish this venture had succeeded as there don't seem to be any other options and the finished product looked great. TAT is an option, I was looking at them for a while. However, they are fashion forward and will admit it.
Quote: Originally Posted by cchen chargeback on your card Just did. Fairly simple, the hardest part was trying to get the lady to believe it was for a single suit. (if she only knew) I was trying to be patient but 3 months without any sort of contact is just ridiculous. Mr. Aver, if you are reading this, I did not want hurt your possibility for future sales by posting on the board, but you HAVE to have better customer service,...