or Connect

Posts by Jangofett

Well, most of the shoes on sale are probably made and bought way before the jack up in price. Also there is no correlation that used shoes prices are linked directly to new more expensive shoes prices. If there were, instead of getting Lobbs at a jacked up price, one might as well get cheaper alternatives like Barker or Loakes etc. Yah I know these don't exactly have Lobb quality.
Well, its pointless because many sellers just see what others priced their shoes at and follow suit. Some shoes will sell at a price point agreed privately between buyer and seller and we would be none the wiser of the actual selling price.The more accurate barometer will be ebay's auction system, the odd bid rigging aside.Like you, I used to monitor the prices of Lobbs. Prestiges and not RTW because that will be insane.I notice that real St Crepins and what is stated as...
Sir, thats certainly impressive. I just use a gut feel as to whether I think the shoes are worth the price the seller is asking for looking at condition, finish etc. I just looked at BS again as well and notice most shoes are now in the 500 and more region except for the Aldens etc. To me, thats high since my Lobbs were all gone for 400 plus region and I did not make any loss selling them. I personally would not pay 500 for a Lobb unless its Prestige or a kickass Lobb...
I think it used to be a loooonng time ago on BS when used shoes are dirt cheap.Now, even the Vash goes for like 500 and more at times.But there are always bargains to be found. Saw a Lobb recently which couldnt sell despite being less than 200. The seller couldnt sell probably due to the non descript picture and tepid description. Like I said, its all about the marketing!
(1) Now I remember - I used to have a Lobb with black soles. But its a boat shoe with thick and hard black rubber soles.(2) I beg to differ. I sold unused Lobbs, with shop wear compared to used Lobbs. Noticed a big discernible increase in bidding activity and easily 50 to 100 more than used Lobbs.Any black 'labelled' shoe will fetch a good price.Shoe trees are interesting. For some reason, people like wooden shoe trees with Lobb, EG, Corthay or Berluti metal plaques on...
1. Have never seen a black sole Lobb before, other than those with rubber soles. 2. As for pricing of Prestige, I have managed to sell a Prestige at slightly higher pricing than non Prestiges. Guess its a matter of marketing, marketing, marketing. If a Prestige cost 1 to 2 grand brand new, the buyer may just fork out 100 to 200 more for it used. Of course, things like museum finish do affect the final pricing. BS is a bit odd. There are some sellers who let go of...
Well, yes. But if one were to look at less than perfect pics off the net or to the uninitiated, one cant tell immediately whether the soles are bevelled or not.The easiest way is by identifying the painted black soles like in NORE's pic. In fact, I have more than 1 R Prestige with such painted black soles and I was surprised Lobb didnt have a consistent approach in painting all Prestiges ' soles black. So, the best way is still to identify by the shoes model if the...
Absolutely. Tons of R Prestiges for sale. Thats the only way hoi polloi like me can afford Lobb Prestiges other than owners wishing to sell their old Prestiges.You are right to query whether an R Prestige is really a Prestige just like whether a polar bear with brown fur is really a polar bear.Hmm the mind boggles.But my latest discovery throws a spanner in the works because we cannot identify Prestiges or St Crepin by bevelled soles anymore.The only way is to do so by...
Uh yah beveled not bedevelled.However, the soles look smooth and don't have that whitish rectangular patch where the front of the foot is, which are found in Prestiges.
Here is an interesting development. If all bedevelled Lobb soles are Prestiges and on that basis Aintree are Prestiges, then what about this?   Thats an Aintree and it comes with normal soles? Did Lobb bungle and put the wrong soles and hene list it as an 'R'? Or is this a downgrade of Aintree from Prestige to RTW? Anyone has any views??