or Connect

Posts by P. Bateman

Hello, I'm in need of burgundy linen ties for a troop of groomsmen. The purple Kent Wang linen tie was pretty close but my fiance vetoed it. Any recommendations are appreciated. I've exhausted my own search. Thanks in advance for the help.
meteorite studs and cufflinks.
PJT tuxedo. I think the jacket should be let out some as it's pulling and 1.5" added to the pants length. I tweaked the photos to better show the shadows in the black jacket. Thoughts?
Question: The lapels of my black tuxedo are grosgrain. Should I go matchy-matchy with a grosgrain bowtie and cummerbund or go for a subtle contrast with a silk satin bowtie and cummerbund?
eh, I guess this photo answers the question: Not acceptable. So follow-up question: my tuxedo has a grosgrain lapels and I have a grosgrain bowtie. Should the cummerbund be grosgrain as well?
bump. I have a tuxedo shirt with a pique bib and it ends about 4" above the trousers. I do not intend to wear a cummerbund. Is this acceptable? Related: The shirt has fittings for 5 studs but all stud sets I've found only include 4 studs. Is it acceptable that the lowest opening be a button and not matching stud?
Does Samuel Glassman make shirt studs or only cufflinks?
I know the HK seller that you mean. What is controversial about him? I haven't heard any complaints. The only strange thing is that his watches all have similarly appearing lume but I like to think it's because he has an eye for what he wants to buy and sell. Is there a sub-plot I'm missing?
Here's the 1680 in question: http://www.ermitagejewelers.com/WatchView.aspx?category=40&ProductID=4489 The weird hour markers are on the dial itself and are not caused by the domed crystal. It's a pretty specimen but the bezel is the other thing that seems off to me. The divots in the bezel aren't the deep rounds ones typically found on 1680s. I don't believe it's original which is probably why this watch is priced the way it is.
Has anyone seen a Submariner dial with marks like those at the 1, 2, and 4 o'clock positions? This is a 1680 offered by a reputable seller. I love the creamy lume but have never seen distortion on the markers like that before.