or Connect

Posts by Piato

1. Trickers bluchers, size 13.5 (US? Check measurements). Worn 2-3 times, but the instep wasn't right (mine is very high). Length: 13" Width: 4.25-5" Retail: $400+ Price: $180 shipped 2. Alden suede bucks w/ brick sole, size 11D. Mislisted as 13D on ebay, which was really depressing because they are really, really nice. Some scuffing and denim on the heel, but look barely worn and should clean up perfectly. Retail: $400+ Price: SOLD $110 shipped...
Just bought these off ebay, but are too small for my 13.5 feet. Incredible deal for a 13D -- these are a beautiful cognac leather and in great condition (owner only wore them once or twice). There's elastic on the tongue if you want to go laceless, but I think these are perfect as pictured. Retailed for ~$400, selling for 135 shipped in the US. PM for international shipping rate. Thanks!
iller green Sartoria Partenopea sportcoat 55% linen, 42% wool, 3% silk Fully canvassed, 1/4 lined, double vent, 2.5 buttons single breasted with unbasted cuffs, 3 interior pockets and 4 exterior pockets. Size: Italian 52 / US 40 to 42 Chest: 44" Shoulder: 18.5" Sleeve: Unbasted BOC: 30.5" $275 shipped within US (message for international)
NWT from Steven Alan in NYC. Received this as a duplicate gift. These make the BEST carry-ons and travel luggage. Originally $295 -- http://www.stevenalan.com/mens/medium-duffle Asking $265 shipped.
With a decent number of modifications, I have the following: Braun Regie 308 receiver Braun PS-358 turntable Pure i-20 iPhone DAC/transport Scandyna (née Blueroom) Minipod speakers I also posted a while back about repairing a Braun SK5 radio. Here's the finished product, with a 60hz adapter for the US: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held...
Quote: Originally Posted by norcaltransplant Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, Boerum Hill, Park Slope, and Carroll Gardens have appreciated to prices equivalent to Manhattan. Square footage in the North and Central Slope is about as pricey as the East Village. I used to live on the Upper West Side off CPW, and now live in Park Slope near Prospect Park. Central Park is nicer than Prospect Park, though I prefer 5th and 7th Avenues to Amsterdam, Columbus,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger Without a doubt, having UVA on any diploma would help a lot, especially in Virginia. At the same time Tech isn't too shabby either. I should also add that my MA has been surprisingly helpful in getting employed at various nonprofits and NGOs. So in that sense, if you do decide not to pursue the PhD, UVA would look better on your resume.
Quote: Originally Posted by Teger school A is UVA school B is Virginia Tech I have an MA in English from Georgetown, and my experience there convinced me not to pursue the PhD. English faculty are surprisingly hostile towards research that does not focus on race, religion, gender, or smooshy areas like the "history of the book." I realized too late that I should have worked in social science and you may have a related experience. Choose...
Alternatively, you could search the Yale courses on iTunes U for an Intro Psych seminar by Paul Bloom. He's a top Developmental psychologist, and the course is quite thorough and witty.
Drops!