or Connect

Posts by Iceball

Just wanted to say thanks for the purple label sportcoat, it's sweet.
Really interesting video. Thanks for pointing out. However, this in a way just reminds me of why I really want to start getting bespoke shirts from a small old school bespoke shirt maker, at T&A it appears quite a clinical process even if the measurements and cloth are aligned to yourself; although this is no doubt the same for the vast majority of makers.
I wish I could really add a detailed addition to this thread on Huntsman since lasbar's question is one I have been cogitating over myself, given that while I do like more relaxed drape styles I do also like Huntsman's style a great deal. However, my father has several Huntsman items which are clearly excellent quality in cloth and fit. Huntsman also do several of their own Tweeds every couple of years and have an interesting selection of cloths in general. Construction...
Some very helpful posts already particularly on shoes, I think. If you are looking for shirts & suits then I do find Yoox incredibly good. Obviously you are a slightly less regular size which can help for bargains or not but a Pal Zileri shirt or similar off Yoox for c.£40 is imo better than a TM Lewin etc, although the cloth of TM Lewin is actually quite good (definitely better than Tyrwhitt) and I would recommend them for work shirts, if they fit okay, given their...
Superb! I will make sure I post some WAYWRNs to do my best to ensure I appear in this thread in the future. It is tough for the new posters, like myself, to truly bring themselves to some of this toilet based photography.
I have nothing particularly against Canali shirts in their price points - which as you say is nothing like as expensive as say Brioni, Kiton. However, I don't find myself buying their dress shirts though, the fit and cloths rarely seem to be spot on and frankly a lot of their shirts are dull. If anything I prefer their casual range - Canali Sport, they have some really rather tempting linens and casuals a la Loro Piana. In the Canali price point I prefer - Zileri,...
Hi there, time to wade in with my first post - so don't worry about feeling like you are making 'newbie' questions, although it is true that there are plenty of threads on the forum that pretty much summarise the Hugo Boss situation. The vast majority of Hugo Boss items are clearly over priced at retail (or even standard discount) for what they provide. I would personally never purchase their suits / jackets although some of them do have reasonable cuts but I find them...