or Connect

Posts by Prince of Paisley

I think he's an expat now? Probably the local knowledge in this thread isn't all that useful for him.
That doesn't narrow it down!To your questions - not that I've tried it myself - but I've heard the standard RMW rubber soles combined with icy pavements may lead to bruises, grazes, possible broken bones, and certain embarrassment.
Maybe he means approach the landlord to pay them directly, rather than go through an agent, thereby saving them commission - and you a few bucks in rent? Not something you should consider doing unless you know the landlord and they know you IMO, which is unlikely if you're moving from another city.Agents generally aren't keen on actual cash, especially as these days it's easy to set up direct debits and receive online payments. For other obvious reasons (cash can be easily...
Oli - why didn't you tell us you were going to Pitti this year?
Hmm... Not sure how I feel about this...
Well we all know how much you love your job, PP.
That jacket is hardcore. Good to see someone wearing a Barbour with jeans fishing rather than over a suit!
For all we might say about the selfie stick, I wish I invented it!
The short answer is yes, sometimes.The long answer is, people feel cold differently, spend more or less time outdoors, and it also depends on the tweed. Something like a real heavy Magee tweed would probably boil you even on the coldest day in Sydney, unless you spend a lot of time waiting at wind-tunnel train stations or bus stops in the wee hours. Then again, lighter weight tweed you can wear reasonably frequently during winter I've found, though I generally prefer...
The toe is narrower at the point, but also higher. Some have complained their toes dig into the top of the toecap on Craftsman models, in which case the Macquarie or Turnout toes would suit them better as they are higher. Personally I take the same size in the Macquarie and Craftsman.