or Connect

Posts by A.K.A.

I was there last week and tried on a suit jacket by Sartorio(?) for $3,900. They also have their own line sourced in Italy for $995. I have a few of their ready made shirts - both in general size (L), and one that is 16/35. They are slim but not foppish, and the fabrics seem to be worth the $135 to $165 price point. Also, they have a broad selection of wool Marcolioni socks. I bought seven pair at $24.00 per. The staff is friendly and helpful. Sid's is worth a visit...
Costco has great pricing. My TV was $300 less at Costco than at Best Buy. When you go above 46" expect to pay at least a grand more to go up to 55". I think 3D TV is going to be a passing fad, besides you can't get any dorkier than those ridiculous powered glasses.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I know the company well. David Solomon, VP Marketing, is a local guy. These Peachtree devices are great value for money and have always sounded excellent to my ears. As an added bonus they are well made and look terrific. One bit of advice, though, is to buy some nice mini-monitors to go with them. Hifi+, a respected British mag, found they work well with Amphion...so much so they bestowed a best of 2010...
We bought a Sony Bravia LED 46" from Costco back in September. Our main living area where we watch TV is bright, so LED-LCD was the best choice for us. With HD content you will get used to any picture once you focus on it alone. I have been a Sony TV fan for the past 26 years. They are the only TV brand I have ever owned. I am still pleased with what I chose. Great picture but the sound from the thin cabinet is lacking. The 32" LCD bravia in my bedroom sounds...
I am seriously debating the purchase of an iDecco or waiting for the new iNova. My last stereo I owned was in the 70's and it was my dad's Heathkit tube integrated amp and Gerard turntable. My house has built in speakers in the ceiling and I would guess they are 8" in diameter. I am guessing once I start down this road I will end up buying a powered sub too. Since college the majority of my music listening is in the car. I really want to have good quality audio in...
I have enjoyed this thread, but I don't get the hype for G&G. Last week I was in Chicago and asked my daughter (age 23) to pick a spot for the two of us. She found this place on Urban Spoon. I looked to this forum for more info and read through maybe 5-6pages in this thread. I called for a table and I was told a table for two would not be available until 10L30 PM; however, if we arrived early (before 6:30) there would be ample space at the bar for full menu...
Quote: Originally Posted by Doxe See threak here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ighlight=divot Thank you! Doxe, I don't know how you knew this was the definitive answer from jefferyd, but now I know that the problem is sleevehead to armhole relationship, and thanks to Chris Despos too for adding a little clarity. You guys make this place much better. I can't thank these authorities enough for imparting their knowledge.
My quest for a new sportcoat and/or suit has been frustrating. My wardrobe consists of several Samuelsohn suits and odd jackets in Andrew, Austin, and Alton models. The Andrew & Austin models are too wide point-to-point giving me the dreaded Foo dimple. Although the Alton is more narrow, it still is not what I am looking for. The Greenwich model is too baggy and I have not tried a Gable long enough to make a judgement. As I approach 50 and have managed to keep my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby The other day I got into a car and heard a 'rip' as a slight tear formed at the peak of the center vent of my overcoat. Not bad, but makes me wonder -- must one unbutton their overcoat before entering a vehicle? Is there a technique for sitting while wearing a buttoned-up long overcoat? (I like cats.) For a short trip I never remove my overcoat while driving or riding a car, especially if it's...
Cool! That is a better deal than the 46" Sony LED TV & exec. membership they upsold me today. Can't wait to see the pics.