or Connect

Posts by RBales

Quote: Originally Posted by DGP I have both the selvage Ralfs and the greycast Ralfs. The selvage ones are getting washed soon (after about four or five wears) to keep them "dry" looking, for dress. The grey ones are being broken in the right way. I think both feel very high quality, and while I think the selvage are worth the extra $70 when you compare both at full price, the sale price of the greycast ones vs. full price on the selvage at Context is...
Quote: Originally Posted by PunctualAlex I am going to blow your mind: Context is having a 50% off sale on all non-selvedge sweet denim. Right now. Seriously, I just picked up a pair of SJ dry for $87.50 shipped. Go to them... go to them right now. i haven't even gotten the svens i ordered yet and I think i'll head over there this weekend and pick up another pair of Nudies. I know the Ralf's get a lot of screentime on this forum, but...
thanks guys, i went ahead and ordered the straight svens in dry selvedge (i guess they call it the flame selvedge) from oi polloi in a 32x32. I can't wait for them to get here and where can you get those sugarcanes online? I'd like to see some pictures of them?
have any of you guys ordered from Oi Polloi? I'm about to order the dry selvedge svens from there because they're only coming out to about $175 which is almost $100 cheaper then Context. Even though I'd love to buy local, that's a lot of money to save. Is Oi Polloi a legit place? They won't rip me off or anything? And the shipping is relatively speedy?
Quote: Originally Posted by sbbbjm how much do they go for on oi polloi -- i was never able to figure out the conversion quite right. you can get dry svens (not dry selvage svens) on kitchener.ch for ~$136. they are made of the great old flare glenn material. that stuff fades awesomely even though its not selvage! they're 95 pounds which I guess is about $200? At Context they're $260 so $200 seems like a pretty good deal. Is it worth...
Thanks guys, I went and tried on some straight svens today (since I'm looking for a straighleg) and I loved the fit of the 32's, so now I'm really stuck. Would you guys recommend sizing down to a 31 on the nudies or would a 32 be best? They have a great price on these at Oi Polloi so if I got them I'd be getting them there. You guys have any experience at that place? Do they just automatically convert the british prices into dollars or is there something I have to...
Hi all, been lurking around this forum since early this year, and decided it was time for me to stop drooling over all the nice jeans posted and buy some. I'm not really new to premium denim, but I'm looking to get my first pair of dry jeans. I'm specifically looking at the APC straight jeans, which i take it are the same as the rescues? I've read the APC sizing thread I don't even know how many times but I'm still not sure what size to order. I want them to be...