or Connect

Posts by CruzAzul

Go to the Suitsupply at 16th & Locust and pick out one of their lighter coloured, single-breasted linen suits. I like the Havana in grey or the Copenhagen cotton/linen in tan. They have an in-house tailor so when you get the best fitting suit see if there's a ripple in the upper back and if so, have him fix it (it's an easy adjustment) at the same time they hem the trousers for you.White shirt, brown shoes. Buy one of my pocket squares.
I'd resist the temptation to overdo the theme. Wear a tasteful seasonably-appropriate suit and just add a gold pocket square (or tie if you're into that sort of thing).
My first KW MTM is being made right now after a visit to the NY office. I'm kind of picky about my trousers so I addressed the drape issue by just ordering a sport coat. Not if you're going to get measured and consult in person. It'll be fine. Pick whatever fabric you like and get exactly what you want, man.
For extra credit, annotate it with Comic Sans.
OK, Spoo, we want to see how it looks worn and you want to put it on. Let's deal.
They probably fit like tents as well. You might try Charles Tyrwhitt's slim fit. I actually really like Uniqlo's shirts which are in the $35 range.
My actual chest measurement is 42.5". I always fit in either a 38 or a 40. A 42 is enormous on me even in slim-fitting fashion brands.
That's 100% typical. Notice that if your waist is 32" a 32 trouser won't fit right either.
Short answer: Suitsupply yes, Indochino no.Basis: I have 3 SS suits and 3 of their sport coats and I never stop being impressed by the quality of the materials and workmanship for the price point. In my case it helps that they fit me almost perfectly off the peg. On the other hand, every Indochino fit I've seen (including the professionally shot images on their product page) is an utter train wreck.
Not addressing the shirring because I've never seen anyone do it well and I guess I just don't "get" the artistic vision (or whatever) behind it. But a couple of thoughts here:1. As others have said, you just have to expect that your first shirt won't be exactly right.2. The amount of slope in your shoulders is really unusual. It seems to approach 45 degrees, which is not something a shirt maker is going to automatically account for. This explains those folds in the front...