or Connect

Posts by CruzAzul

A mid-20s associate wearing a double-breasted coat is a prime example of what attorneys call douche ipsa loquitur ("the douche speaks for itself"). You want to work for the firm, man, not dress up like you're trying to stage a hostile takeover of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by rdaws Yeah, might make you feel better... but I'm pretty sure it's against the law to advertise things for sale that aren't actually for sale. I don't think they're a dark vast conspiracy; they just have millions of customers that get there before I do. I've gone on at 12:00 sharp and in the first 30 seconds of the sale seen things that are sold out. Not "in members' carts", but SOLD OUT -- already purchased,...
Quote: Originally Posted by kelvinsense Tasteful, yet unassuming.
The only thing I want on the whole site is a cashmere cardigan, which was normally $650 and is now... well, $455. Even if I had that kind of cash burning a hole in my pocket, if you're a man who spends $455 on a sweater, you're a bit of a tit.
My biggest concern here is that there is a thread title that starts with "DEAR IDIOTS" and I instinctively decided that I should read it.
I have a really similar shirt, and it totally kills with medium-grey wool flannel trousers. Of course there's always khaki or black as well.
If you're worried about looking like a Wall Street investment banker, there are parameters more important than the pattern. Pinstripe is fine. What's more important is the type of suit -- you want single-breasted, 2-piece.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ideefixee Grey one looks all-right. Seconded. And maybe the navy one. But the grey is the clear winner of the four.
Chimay blue label. The creme de la creme... the Cap'n Crunch of beers, if you will.