or Connect

Posts by CruzAzul

Cheers all. I am from Pretoria SA, lived briefly in Botswana and Nigeria, now residing in Harlem NY where my work largely involves celebrating and promoting the culture of the greater African diaspora. This is my men's accessories brand, which uses materials sourced from across the continent: Thomas Mark Heritage My whole aesthetic is about sneaking a piece of Africana into what I wear every day, be it a pocket square printed in Mali or wrist beads from Namibia or a...
New Friday Challenge is up for 4/29! Navy Trousers Unleashed
New Friday Challenge is up! Navy Trousers Unleashed
Often maligned as difficult to incorporate into one's workplace wardrobe, here's our opportunity to celebrate the navy odd trouser. And since this is a CruzChallenge, I'm throwing in the the added difficulty of no ties. This probably just turned into Casual Friday for some, but who doesn't enjoy a challenge? So there it is: vote on the best execution of business-appropriate attire incorporating navy odd trousers and no tie.Specific breakdown of rules:1. Navy trousers: can...
Thanks again, all. I have to admit I was completely unprepared to win one of these things, so someone help me out: 1. Is it OK for me to open the contest tomorrow (Friday) and have it run 1 week to next Friday? 2. Am I going to have any trouble turning the post into a poll once entries close?
Oh there would be more rules than just that, but I want to confirm that we didn't already do navy pants. There was much debate in WAYWRN about the wearability of said garment.
Holy crap! Being a No Necktie Guy I was hoping just to make it onto the podium. Props to @EFV who I was sure had it. There were a lot of great entries this time. I want to thank all my fans, my agent, Sal Ferragamo, Luigi Incotex, Akira Uniqlo, and the anonymous Korean leatherworkers who made this all possible. Did we do the much-maligned navy trousers yet?
The back of all 4 CruzCoats has been plain. The last two had a center vent which I've settled on as ideal for the design.I can't speak for Luxire but they've never charged me extra for any such options.It's an original design; I didn't base it on any existing product.
Thank you, sir. So many designers I like were influenced by the 1970s -- I might in particular mention that Ford guy -- that the challenge for me is to not go overboard. Like, I could have worn ivory loafers and/or a shirt with big collar points laid out on top of the coat's lapels. Would have been a bit gilding the lily. I want to celebrate the era, not become a caricature of it, you know?Edit: Here's a details / textures photo. Voting isn't open yet but I wasn't sure if...
It probably goes without saying, but brown + plaid pants + turtleneck = 1970s.