or Connect

Posts by jcc123

^^^^^ The other thing I would like to add is that you should be patient with them as sometimes they take longer to get the job done. If you want a rush job you should go elsewhere. But I think you will be pleased with the results. Give me a few minutes and I'll try to post a few shots of the first two suits I had done. They were commissioned about the same time and so look the same. I've since made adjustments to my subsequent commissions and will have them in about...
Quote: Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777 Well, I want something with a natural shoulder, slim (Polo Blue Label slim) with patch pockets, double vents in a three seasons weight fabric. Does that sounds like something with Mr. Ned's/Vahram's capabilities? Also, I assume both Flusser and Mr. Ned both do full floating canvas construction, correct? Yes, to all your questions. I would try Mr. Ned first. You'll get good results. Try to use the...
I would call Vahram at Mr. Ned. He will make what you want so long as it's American. He charges $650 for a sports jacket which is a great value. I'm having two done as we speak.
Quote: Originally Posted by Threadbearer If you like placebos, you'll love acupuncture. The evidence that supports it is almost entirely anecdotal. And the so-called "scientific" evidence that supports it is highly suspect because none of the tests were double-blind and all of the tests were done on people who were culturally familiar with the procedures and who, therefore, had expectations about the results. Ask any practitioner why sticking a needle...
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik Inspired by the massage thread, who's had accupuncture? I have a (female) friend who's parents moved to Austrailia, and every time she goes there is this little Oriental guy that runs an accupuncture shop and she swears up and down how great it is. Other than that, I don't know anyone who's tried it, and would like some other opinions. "Oriental Guy"??? What are you, 80 years old? You mean Asian,...
I've been washiing and dryiing just like any other cotton pants. No problems except for a bit of shrinkage like any other cotton pants.
I've never tried LS. I use Mr. Ned. Furthermore, I like Vahram more than his dad. Vahram seems more flexible in terms of styling. You should go in with the thought of making multiple suits as it will take a couple of suits to get it right. Start with one suit. Wear it for a couple of weeks and then go back for a second with your changes. One more thing, Mr. Ned can only make American style rather than Italian or English although he'll say that he can do any style...
Quote: Originally Posted by Britalian Off to Florence for this long holiday weekend and thinking of picking up some summer shirts. Never having bought shirts from either Boggi or Brooks Bros., I'm wondering what those of you with experience of both think of quality. Or, what you think of either anyway. Boggi is head and shoulders above BB. Pure Italiano/Milano styling. Great looking collars, great price, good material and non-fatty body.
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnD356 Just an FYI for anyone who has been looking at this thread. I tracked down a J.Crew personal shopper who located one of the Macs (much, much easier then calling the stores). They even honored the now expired "Summer" 20% discount code and gave free shipping. Consider me impressed with the service. Where did you find the shopper? I may want in on the action with 20% off!
What about stiffness? Does it feel like you're wearing a cardboard box?