or Connect

Posts by jcc123

Quote: Originally Posted by mkarim How should a 20-year-old dress? Like someone young. There are many stores catering to the young and less wealthy. For example, Uniqlo. They have inexpensive clothes that look great for young people. They're the Ikea of clothing. I walked in there yesterday on Broadway and it was mobbed. I tried on some of the clothes but alas, I felt too old to still be wearing things like that. Ah, to be in my 20's...
Quote: Originally Posted by srivats Mafoo is going to going to have a field day with this question. You know that a tailor can come up more than one pattern and design, right? And also clothes come in different patterns, colors, fabric weights etc? Finding one good tailor who can do every crazy thing you want and make it look good is not as easy as you think. For example, The suits worn by Gordon Gekko in the movie Wall Street. Made by A&S....
Quote: Originally Posted by auto90403 I guess neither of your parents taught you that the money you marry will be the hardest money you will ever earn. Trust me -- wiser words have never been said. I think Warren Buffett said it best when he said, when you marry for money, you will earn every penny of it.
There's a difference between style and uniform. Do you know the difference? I hate to make his head swell but someone like Phat Guido has style. He's able to mix and match cheap items from Uniqlo with besopke items like Chan and make it look good. Also, he dresses down slightly in age but still within his age decade. It's no skill to buy expensive items from just ONE bespoke tailor and call yourself a good dresser. To me the difference is night and day. Any idiot can...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba no.....not really. Anyways, this is styleforum! and quite franky I'm surprised its taken you 150 posts to figure out your little epiphany there. I've always had that thought. Being in NYC you see a lot more of that in women. I can't tell you how many times I've walked behind a hot looking woman who dresses down a few decades only to find out after looking at their faces that grannies shouldn't be...
Quote: Originally Posted by srivats So that you can keep wearing it when you are 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90 without having to worry about "age-suitable-clothing". No such thing. Even the BEST bespoke looks dated after a decade. Just by the fact that lapel sizes change from decade to decade. Also, I don't think many people have the same body in their 50's as they once had in the 20's.
"One of the reasons I don't mind paying retail (much of the time) and enjoy developing a relationship with a store." With the mark-up at Borrelli I doubt very much they mind it either.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan There's another way worth dressing? Oh, I don't know, how about your age? Someone who's 20 dressing like he's 50 has the same effect as someone who's 50 that dresses like he's 20.
Some of you here dress way beyond your years. That's not necessarily a good thing. If you're a young man why would you want to dress like you're an old fart? Not only that but you're spending tens of thousands to look old. Do you understand the concept of time value of money? The longer you can hold out until you spend your money, the better off you'll be in the future when your age and your cash flow matches the clothes you're trying to wear. If I were a...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan A grey corduroy suit? He'll look like an elephant. Certain things shouldn't be grey, like leather or corduroy. I have no problems with gray leather inside a car.