or Connect

Posts by jcc123

What discount? Is there a code or coupon or are you talking about their sale that's been going on for a month?
I think cuffs look more formal which defeats the purpose of chinos. I had mine hemmed with a 3/4 inch seam that you can see. With not much cloth on the bottom the break looks better. I did hem the pants after a wash though to account for the shinkage. On top of that I had it hemmed to allow for up to an inch of shrinkage after that. I don't know if that was necessary since this is my first time with these, if not I can always have them shortened some more.
If they can give me a good discount I would be willing to go down there and buy from them. There's no way I would pay retail.
I’ve got it! You have a hole in your jacket pocket which allows you to reposition your "Johnson" by reaching down through the hole thereby keeping it discreet? Did I win?
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria The arrangement is the usual one these days...charged in pounds excluding VAT, with half due on order and the balance on delivery. - B How would you compare his cut vs. his former partner Mahon's?
Hey Vox, Steed prices look more and more respectable to me everyday compared to the others. How does it work? Do they charge you in Pounds when doing work in the U.S.? Do they charge for the full amount at the time of order or in installments?
nm
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I forgot to mention that Andrea Nixon, of Steed (my tailor, Edwin DeBoise's shop, for those who don't know) was third in this competition, the Golden Shears Award, and also received the Rising Star Award. Here she is, third from the left... ...quite obviously. - B She can measure my inseam anyday.
Hate to quote PT Barnum but there's a sucker born every minute.
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff I don't think these are mutually exclusive. Having a uniform and learning to wear it stylishly or more stylishly than others is the sort of devil in the details that people with taste admire. But that's not what's really happening here. What's happening here is a comparison between people who can afford to spend the dough vs. those who cannot. Vox should rephrase his original question to If I had to...