or Connect

Posts by linux_pro

Never been a Sesame Street fan, couldn't tell ya. But judging by your avatar, I'd say perhaps you could tell me.
That's a great-looking sweater. I've got a few Loro Piana cashmere zip-fronts like this, and never had a problem with piling. I'd agree with another poster that you might want to comb those out and give it a good hand-wash. And yes, it's fine to hand-wash wool and cashmere. Just be gentle, don't use chemicals, and make sure you lay it flat when it dries, or roll it up in a towel (depending on the wool).
Quote: Originally Posted by onix Are you sure that you do take a good care of them? I am not a fan of BB, but I do have some items from BB that I like and they hold up quite well (1 cashmere sweater, 1 lambswool sweater, and shoes). Yeah, I took care of the sweaters. Never dry cleaned, never leaned on the shoulders, hand-cleaned only when necessary, dried flat or rolled in towel, never hung in a closet and only stored in cedar shelves. ...
Graphic tee's (and shirts) are like trucker caps. Only stylish to the dude wearing it, and perhaps a few of his frat buddies. There are a few exceptions of course, a better-quality dark unprinted t-shirt under a blazer can look really good in the right context (early fall, casual). But graphic tee's are really overdone and make the wearer look casual to the point of having no fashion sense. To put it in context, one of the dramatically overweight and very fragrant...
Tomasso, I disagree about rain. I live in Seattle, perhaps one of the rainiest places in the US. My coat has seen plenty of the stuff. It's in great shape. Loro Piana StormSystem is fantastic material in the rain. Also, I don't understand the point of the quote you posted. Are you saying it hasn't been dry-cleaned very often? That it's not very old? Dry cleaned too often? ??
Quote: Originally Posted by musick Context dude! If you want naked girls, dont come onto sf. Afterall, it is a forum about (albeit questionable) 'fashion'. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. After all, there are very few things in life more wonderful than some sexy thang tied up with a Kiton 7-fold. Or some tattooed punk-rawk hottie holding a pair of wingtips to her naked breast. I was actually hoping people would take...
maomao - What an excellent collection. I've never understood (or liked) chukkas, but the rest of that collection is quite beautiful.
Quote: Originally Posted by clintonf Cross post from the "Other" forum. Cheers Clint I want that pair of grey shoes on the left. AS Handgrade? Where did you find these? I think that's my next shoe purchase. Those are just... well... I'm not sure I can find the words.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso I'd bet that's the sweater rolling over his belt, not his stomach. Sorry to interrupt the evisceration...... But see, that's the whole point. How does that hotty he's having coffee with later know it's his belt and not his massive, sweaty, hairy gut? With that horrendous beard, that's what she will definitely assume. So yeah, he ain't gettin' any. That's why cardigans are AWFUL under blazers. Never...
My Loro Piana Storm System overcoat has been fantastic and worn great. It's about 4 years old and looks new. Yes, I wear it in rainstorms, often without an umbrella. It laid crumpled in a ball in the bottom of my closet for about 6 months once before I realized it was down there. My girlfriend vomited on it after one particularly strenuous New Year's Eve. I've used it as a blanket at various women's houses where cats had pissed on the couch before I slept on it. It...