or Connect

Posts by singlechange

Art and Gary Thompson at Optimo are two of our country's few remaining hatmakers and not only artists at what they make but gentleman professionals to boot. I am lucky to own two preowned lids from each and have had them downsize them with good luck. Some here should pick these fedoras up. The prices for new ones keep going up. Some say the vintage rtw felt fedoras from before 1960's are great but Art's and Gary's handcrafted lids use nice materials too. Just ask another...
I have a peacoat in olive color though a bit more greener shade to it than your sport coat and I paired it with burgundy corduroy and also one in dark blue. I've also tried wearing it with a medium shade gray trousers as well and it works for me. Wore light blue shirt with all three trousers too.
P.M. sent for Finamore knitted hat.
If an eBay item is on my wish list, I pull out my reserves and join in the bidding war. Happened to me last year when preowned not in the best condition John Lobb Jermyn II's (a forum member called it one of most sublime rtw shoe) in brown in popular UK 10 size with starting bid of 99 cents was on my watch list. It's a shoe I don't see often in this size and starting bid and after I factor in what it would cost to recraft it with new soles and cleaning the uppers I go in...
Perhaps some forum member can still make use of these two cardigan sweaters; someone in colder and longer lasting colder climate. The top sweater is Ferragamo Salvatore made in Italy in 100% camel hair and size label says Small but fits more like a Medium. The other is a Donegal Bay made in Ireland in 100% wool and size label says 40. Both fit like a Medium or U.S. size 40 and in good condition. No holes, stains. The Donegal Bay has one mismatched button at the very bottom...
For sale is a pair of preowned Crockett & Jones Falmouth model in dark brown in good condition. Outside measurements: length almost 13 inches, width 4.75 inches. Inside length 11.75 inches. Size label says 10 E. Leather upper/lining and made in England. A bit too roomy for me. Shoetrees not included. Asking $75.00 plus shipping. ******CLAIMED; Waiting for Payment*******
For someone who can fit into trenchcoat that's size 40. In good condition with no stains, no wear marks on collar and sleeve cuffs. Light brown color. Shell is cotton/poly and lining warmer cotton/acetate. Measurements: Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 19 1/2 inches Armpit to armpit: 22 1/2 inches Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff: 24 inches Length from bottom of collar: 44 inches Size label says 40 short. Just pay for shipping.
For sale is a preowned 100% cashmere double breasted overcoat in vicuna color in very good condition. Size label says euro 48. I believe fits like a U.S. size 38 regular. Measurements: Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 18 inches Armpit to armpit: 21 1/2 inches Sleeve from shoulder seam: 26 1/4 inches Length from bottom of collar: 44 inches Labels inside the coat: one says 100 % Cashmere, another says Made in Italy, third label has brand name Ted Lapidus...
For sale is a preowned Luciano Barbera Collezione Sartoriale suit made by Caraceni in excellent condition. Size label says euro 48 and I believe will fit U.S. Size 38 regular. Measurements: Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 17 3/4 inches Armpit to armpit: 20 inches Sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff: 26 inches Length from bottom of collar: 30 inches Trousers waist: 31 inches plus a bit more than 3 inches left Inseam: 31 plus 3 inches left Length: 42 1/2...
For sale is a preowned brogue boots by Alfred Sargent in very good condition. Only four months old. Size label says 10 FX. Outside length 12 3/4 inches and outside width 4 1/2 inches. Insole is 11 1/4 inches. Inside the boot it says 10 FX, leather upper/lining, made in England. It has double leather sole and is a heavy boot. Sole is marked North Hampton, England. I wear U.S. 11 D and it is a bit roomy for me. Asking $135.00 plus shipping. ****** S O L D ********