or Connect

Posts by singlechange

Preowned oxford captoe shoes from Barney's of New York. In good condition. Made in Italy. Color is cognac. Vibram lightweight soles. Written size label says 11 1/2 however it wears like a size 10.5D. I wear size 11 and the insole length is much too short for size 11. Outside measurements are length 12 inches; width 4 1/4 inches. Inside length is 11 inches. Asking $75.000 plus shipping or Best Offer.
Hi, Can you tell me what size is written inside the shoe or marked on the soles?  Regards, Robert
Perhaps some forum member might be interested in this. Preowned safari style jacket that I acquired already used a year and half ago to wear with my hats. Size label says medium. I'm guessing size is U.S. 40 or 42.  Measurements are: Shoulder seam to shoulder seam 20 inches, armpit to armpit 23 inches, sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff 24 inches, jacket length 31 inches. In good condition with no rips. Several dark color spots from my inept ironing including one...
Preowned Alden Norwegian split toe derby in excellent condition. Size marked 11D. Color is dark blue. First photo renders best color. Measurements: outside length 12 1/2 inches, outside width 4 1/4 inches; inside length 11 1/2 inches. Alden Aberdeen Last marked 247. Light use and no nicks, no blemishes on suede. Comes with original Alden shoe box, shoe bags, wrapper marked Alden NEW ENGLAND. Shoe trees NOT included. Retails for $500. Asking $160.00 plus shipping.
Preowned Alden NEW ENGLAND shoes in excellent condition. Norwegian split toe bluchers in dark brown. Size marked 11D. Measurements: outside length 12 1/2 inches, outside width 4 1/4 inches; inside length 11 1/2 inches. Light use with no nicks, no blemishes on suede. First image showing Alden box, shoe bag shows best color rendition. Comes with original box, shoe bags, wrapper all marked Alden NEW ENGLAND. Does Not include shoe tress.  I believe retail is $500.00. Asking...
Preowned summer scarves. All in very good condition. No stains, holes. Most of them are a blend of cotton and linen. Perhaps some member can add them as part of  their accessories collection.  Just pay for shipping.
Preowned three button overcoat and made by D'Avenza in Rome, Italy. The really fine black and gray herringbone wool is more towards the heavy weight spectrum. Three button overcoat in very good condition. The black lining is minty too. Size label in coat pocket is ink written and reads 40 R. Another label says D'Avenza Roma and next label says Made in Italy. The colors are black and gray. The first photo of overcoat in full length on the hangar shows best color...
+ 1 with Testudo about his comment about fit being paramont.  I recently read a blog on a tailor's website and here his advice about summer formal/business attire.   He likes linen and cotton suits and though they crease easily that's part of the beauty and integrity of the garment. Also says lightweignt wool in type called fresco's with less tight weave which makes for more air movement can be a nice summer suit material. Remember that minimum linings are also helpful...
I have a  peacoat made in green, in shade closer to olive.  The color is possibly less common than your brown when it comes to peacoats I think. I love wearing it because this particular bespoke peacoat is so elegant and also so practical too.