or Connect

Posts by TheWraith

Sure did. Wonderful!
That is truly special, mate.
Nice chair.
That's true to an extent, but there are many more places to avoid (in regards to drunken violence) than just those I'm afraid.
+1I, too, have travelled throughout Europe (particularly Germany, where I have family), and this drinking culture problem here in Australia is mirrored in England and, to a lesser degree (at least what I've seen, feel free to correct me anyone) North America, but the rest of Europe (also the world?) seems to be able to handle their liquor. As you say, Cox, Aussies make for disgraceful drunks. But, this culture of saying/thinking it's okay to go out and get wasted is the...
+1
Hey, my experiences are as valid as anyone elses.
It's the mentality of "It's okay to get intoxicated" that has led us to this horrible situation in Australia. Our drinking culture seriously needs to be looked into.
Exactly. As soon as he lied under oath (or gave incorrect information under oath) he had to go. It was untenable for him to stay. If he had tried to ride the scandal out it just would have gotten worse for him. Having said all that, and as others have said here, the NSW Labor Party isn't any better, and even with today's events, with the majority the NSW Liberals currently enjoy in parliament, they'll still win the 2015 election, albeit most likely with a (slightly?)...
It's the fact he denied it yesterday, and that he's previously been harsh to any of his ministers in similar situations, so he had to go within that context he'd set himself up in. Notice there's been no mention of him resigning from parliament. Does he perhaps see a political resurrection at some future point?