or Connect

Posts by rgpuppy

it is a chemical treatment that is actualy "baked" onto the fabric. for shirts the fabric is normally treated at the mill and this chemical is "cured". you can also treat a finished garment, press it (to get creases in sleeves etc) then baked it. the chemistry cross links the fibers altering the structure...what ever shape the fibers are in at the time curing is the memory the fiber has so it returns to this shape. It does wear off...as the fibers are bent etc...
Quote: Originally Posted by mizanation no need to "wait and see" about decent chinese quality. there is stuff coming out of china now that is as good as any mass-produced product in the world. Ok someone said ask one who works in the industry...I do. I have traveled the world sourcing fabric and production for apparel. I have not done it mush the past 5 years or so but am now traveling to China, VN, Bangladesh, India, etc... The...
i assume you are referring to the bottom half of teh wasitband curtain having an inverted pleat...yes? This allows for some ease and movement when you sit etc....in my oopinin a "V" outlet at the center back seam is more effective but done much less often.
Quote: Originally Posted by Razeus Ok grand masters: In dress shirt button downs In pants/slacks In leather shoes clean execution...if i am buying a 50 dollar pair of chinos to wear on a trip to the beach or a 1500 suit i want the execution to be clean and crisp. I look for functional features...butterfly crotch pieces, ticket pockets, half lined to the knee...but notice weight and type of lining does it match trouser weight or is...
Hello All, it has been a while as i am caught up in getting settled in MIA and still heading north every other weekend while the wife and kids finish school. QUESTION: i picked up several Robert talbot shirts the other day at NM last call or sak off 5th...can not remember. All looked great and loved the fabrics, until I wore the first one yesterday. The collar and cuffs are so stiff. Not to mention the sleeves were considerablly longer than speced. i swear they...
Ok guys i am making a move to south Floridia...i am not the trendy fashion guy, more of an updated traditionalist. Where should i look to do my shopping? Key centers and speciality stores would help. Something tells me i will need to update my wardrobe as i have been living in cooler climates for about 12 years.
while the Nordstrom pant is not a bad option the brooks pant is really the best of the group you named. if you are looking for something closer to the price of Dockers...try the Lands End dress chino. or the casual style if you are looking for more relaxed wear Stay away from dockers as in my opinion it is a poor fitting garment even if they want to cover the ***** of the masses. The LL Bean dress chino is a good value and performs well...a bit on the full cut...
Very interesting observations.... I had not thought about this in many years. I grew up in a family that owned a couple of clothing stores, so i "dressed up" as a child and worked in teh stores each afternoon and weekend. When i went to college i began managing a store and soon took over buying several departments for a total of 5 stores. So each day i was in class wearing a suit or at least suit pants and tie with the coat in the car. Beginning about 19 or 20...
while many people find it "fun" to go to the local fabric market and look at fabric i would steer clear. the fabric is often mislabeled and the tailoring is very poor.
many nested suits are available in 8 inch drops...meaning the 40R would have a 32 waist. an 8" drop is considered an athletic fit. I would imagine that with that small of a waist you would also benefit from a "trim fit" coat. Suit Separates are really going to be your friend here....Brooks, NM, both have nice quality separates. I too and 5'8" and wear my coat a bit on the longish side...i find the old rule of thumb that the coat hem should end where you cup your...