or Connect

Posts by tdangio

Go climb some mountains. Summiting is very rewarding and it doesn't cost much if you're in the right area.
I dislike clubs, but MJQ is one of my favorite places in Atlanta. Nothing like seeing a dance off to make your night complete.
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny_5 Thank you very much Ed, that's exactly what I was looking for. I was just looking for a general idea of things to do. Yea it's with a big 4 and the per diem is like $56/ day which isnt bad I guess. Being from New York it sounds like peanuts but I assume it will go much farther in Atlanta. I figured as much as Deloitte, the radio station, and Uncle Ernie are all downtown. I think our interns...
That's downtown and you won't want to spend any evenings there. I work about five blocks from Peachtree Center, and there is jack shit to do downtown. You didn't say what you're interested in doing. Bars, clubs, dinner? If dinner, what kind of food and what's the per diem? Big 4? Edit: To add to the above, if you go to the Highlands, Fritti is great for dinner (isn't that more the Inman Park area?), but the main life in the highlands starts around Ponce and...
19 and 2 visas
Where in Atlanta will you be? If downtown, get out as soon as possible.
I spent the last three days in Cleveland and got out to a couple of places. Sunday I hit up Lolita and had roasted marrow and braised lamb shank. Both were good, but the polenta side with the lamb was just weird. Last night we went to Velvet Tango Room for a drink and then over to Light Bistro for dinner. Manhattan at VTR was mindblowing. Braised pork belly at LR was very good, the duck was a bit over cooked but still had good flavors. VTR was definitely my favorite.
Two bottles of Ron Zacapa XO for $111 total
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 Just to tie this whole thread back to Style, how is this argument different from the clothing argument, highly regarded and held dear here, that the likes of Kiton are "BEST"? It's not, and I think it's safe to say that pretty much any argument of "X is the best because it's the most expensive" is a fundamental failure in logic.
People who argue that a fillet is the best cut of beef. I counter that, no, the ribeye is superior as it has much more flavor and is just as tender. They come back with, the ribeye is just a bunch of fat, so you're wasting a lot of money on fat. Yes the ribeye is marbled, the fat is where the flavor is. Well, the fillet must be the best cut, because it's the most expensive. Logic fail After the argument we get to lunch at a seafood place and the guy orders a...