or Connect

Posts by tdangio

I'm in the Portland area for work during the week. Maybe I'll go try some. I've had some of their other ice creams before. It's good, but definitely not the best I've had.
If you like bitter, it's definitely up there towards the top of the bitter scale. The recipe can be found in Beta Cocktails, which is a great book if you want some more bitters focused cocktail recipes.
You asked for bars and drinks, you didn't state that the drinks had to be at the bars. Just have someone make it for you, or make it for yourself.
Eeyore's Requiem (from the Violet Hour in Chicago)1.5 oz Campari1/2 oz Tanqueray1/4 oz Cynar~1/4 oz Fernet Branca1 oz Dolin Blanc15 drops 50/50 bitters (mix of Regan's and Fee's orange bitters)Stir and strain into a coupe. Express the oil from 3 orange peels and discard.
Chartreuse offerings are more limited in the US, typically only yellow, green, and VEP.
Le Pigeon is my favorite in Portland. Check your PM.
Thanks! Those LPs look a little sturdier than my 180g.
Where does one find soup plates/bowls like these?
I had a great meal at Ruxbin a few weeks ago. They only take reservations on Sunday, so that may be an issue. It's BYOB, so keep that in mind if you do go.
Aspen does have good food, and I agree that it should also be investigated, I just can't stand how pretentious the majority of the people there are.