or Connect

Posts by tdangio

Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Well Piobaire, I have to admit, the sandwiches were pretty good. The pork was tender. I made your pork with just water, salt, and the liquid smoke (which I'm still on the fence about. It had a pretty good smokey flavor but didn't have the same depth as real smoking gets. Still, if you're in a pinch, I thought the liquid smoke was a pretty good product), and then for the last 2 hours I floated a few jalapenos in...
screw that Canadian shit, Krispy Kreme
Quote: Originally Posted by slycedbred i drank myself blackout style on woodford...Now my body makes me gag the moment it gets near me. I used to love it! What do I do, gentlemen? Grow a pair?
That was, a great story. Will read, again.
I think I might make carnitas tonight.
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny_5 PIMM'S CUPS! Damn redcoat. But since it's Wimbledon you get a pass for having Pimm's on the 4th, and they are a great summer drink.
I'm in Clarksville, TN, and have tomorrow to fill with doing something. Should I try to go to some distilleries in KY? Seems like most of them are 3-4 hours away, which doesn't really seem all that enjoyable to drive there and back. Anything closer to Clarksville or anything else I should consider doing?
Old fashioned with Amarena Fabbri cherries, Carpano Antica Formula, and Sazerac 6yr, followed by some Ron Zacapa.
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman Am surprised also! If the old stereotype that better wines need more age to reach their potential is true, it could be a reflection of the quality of that offering. WS seems to not be nuts about it, which may give that credence. ~ H Yep. I know the Croft got a 96 and is "best after 2015."
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman These are incredibly different styles -- bear in mind, the Tawny could be opened today, but the '03 would, er, not be at prime and would need like ten years minimum. ~ H I was surprised to see this at WS. Seems that the 03 Warre is going to be ready earlier or so the review says. Warre Vintage Port 2003 - score 89 "Lots of ripe fruit and licorice on the nose and palate. Medium- to full-bodied,...