or Connect

Posts by tdangio

I got one bottle of the Stagg for $65 and one for $54 from stores about 3 miles apart. Handy and Sazerac were $60 each at the store with the $54 Stagg. Go figure.
Are there cool kids in Alabama?
I was out in Denver this past weekend and went to a liquor store that had I think 4 bottles each of the Stagg and Saz if anyone is looking for some out that way.
Three more wins and we could finally be bowl bound...
Well...think I've done enough damage for now.* Finally found some. * Unless I find a bottle of the Weller
Eggs Benedict on the weekend using the recipe from Cooking by James Peterson. Cut the Hollandaise recipe in 1/3 (i.e., use only one egg yoke and similar amounts of the other ingredients) and you will have enough of it for two people. Blanch some asparagus too to add as a layer in the Benedict.
Quote: Originally Posted by ama Please tell me you got the Stagg and the Weller too! I still haven't been able to find the Stagg. Which Weller are you referring to, the Centennial?
I checked back in hopes of finding some Stagg, but did not see any. I didn't leave empty handed though.
Quote: Originally Posted by gnatty8 Actually didn't buy it in Atlanta, so you may yet be in luck. Keep trying, and ask the places you're calling if they expect to get any, you may get lucky. This stuff goes VERY fast. I missed out last year and haven't seen a single bottle anywhere in the entire time. Ah. I found one place that has it in their system as out of stock, the rest said they have never carried it or wouldn't have any coming in...