or Connect

Posts by tdangio

Quote: Originally Posted by acidicboy is fresh tuna from the market/cold section expensive there? just wondering coz we've been eating grilled tuna bellies twice a week at home and they're quite inexpensive, plus we use the leftovers as base for tuna sandwich. Tuna steak is around $15+/lb from what I usually see/buy.
Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one I don't remember exactly, but it was the best gravy I've ever had in my life. Didn't have anything to do with being drunk, did it?
Ron Zacapa is by far my favorite. Neat, never any other way. Zaya is also pretty good, but just can't stand up to the Zacapa.
Carnitas. Braise some boston butt for 3-4 hours, shred it, then back in the oven to crisp it up. Throw some chopped onion, cilantro, and tomatillo salsa on it in a corn tortilla.
I got one bottle of the Stagg for $65 and one for $54 from stores about 3 miles apart. Handy and Sazerac were $60 each at the store with the $54 Stagg. Go figure.
Are there cool kids in Alabama?
I was out in Denver this past weekend and went to a liquor store that had I think 4 bottles each of the Stagg and Saz if anyone is looking for some out that way.
Three more wins and we could finally be bowl bound...
Well...think I've done enough damage for now.* Finally found some. * Unless I find a bottle of the Weller
Eggs Benedict on the weekend using the recipe from Cooking by James Peterson. Cut the Hollandaise recipe in 1/3 (i.e., use only one egg yoke and similar amounts of the other ingredients) and you will have enough of it for two people. Blanch some asparagus too to add as a layer in the Benedict.