or Connect

Posts by tdangio

Walking from downtown is fine. Depending on where you're staying downtown (if you are on the east side), there is the 16th Street mall ride that will take you to the Union Station area, then it's a pretty quick, walk across some pedestrian bridges/through a park to get to LoHi. Humidity isn't an issue, so I usually walk around those areas as much as possible. Denver is one of the fittest states, so you will likely see a lot of other people walking or biking. If running...
Parking in Denver is relatively easy, and probably a cake walk compared to NYC. Hotels should have parking available too. I would stay in either downtown or Cherry Creek. More nightlife in downtown, more soccer moms in Cherry Creek. Downtown will be closer to LoHi where a number of my restaurant recommendations are.In Boulder, anything near Pearl Street should be fine.
Definitely not even close to a comprehensive list, but should give you a start. I try to avoid LoDo if at all possible. Tons of Ed Hardy and Affliction on Market St. Food Frasca (Boulder) - solid dinner, I think the prix fix is $75 Pizzeria Locale (Boulder) - good neapolitan style pizza Colt & Gray (Denver) - always have some type of foie, also usually have one of the Pappy's or Antique Collection available, either upstairs or downstairs at Ste. Ellie Old Major...
What types of "must dos" are you looking for? Food/beverage, outdoor, etc?
The rye in the US is around $65-70, so it doesn't look like you're getting housed too much on it.
Duck confit hash from the Le Pigeon cookbook. Anyone else tried anything from it?
I saw that rose at the store last week but didn't grab one. Maybe I'll have to drop back to get one. We're about to head to California for a wedding, and will be visiting Ridge, Sojourn Cellars, Littorai, Copain, MacPhail, Schramsberg, Myriad, Seavey, Hendry, and possibly Alpha Omega. Should be a decent time. Dinners at Girl and the Fig, Bottega, Ad Hoc, and State Bird. Any suggestions for a dinner in the Carmel (by the sea) area? Or something in SF for a quick lunch...
Good call! I think Flaccianello could be thrown in that mix as well, and maybe Oreno. Definitely some barolos out there that could do well too.
No need for apologies, I just seriously doubt my ability to convince the other half to support that.
Looks like both are in the $300-400 range. I don't think I'm as baller as you yet.