or Connect

Posts by rungo

I jumped on the 10.5 over the weekend. Wanted something better for long walks than my dress mocs. I went to look at some Quoddy's that were on sale near me for a taller boot, but the construction style just didn't interest me as much as Yuks.
The mocs will give a lot in my experience, I have the dress mocs, which were pretty tight at first, but really loosened up in the mid foot with some good wear. Still not completely broken in, but its in no way uncomfortable.
If you can find Kamik near where you are, they''re a better bet http://www.kamik.com/GenfootWeb/servlet/webProductDisplay.webProductDisplaySrv?currentMode=DETAIL&curCatalog=2010&curSeason=WINTER2010&curRow=7 Roots also has the same boot http://canada.roots.com/RootsKamikWinterBootMen/MensShoes//15020125,default,pd.html?cgid=shoesMensBoots&selectedColor=001 but it has a roots logo on the side. Kamik is basically Sorel before the international buy out. After they stopped...
They have differing lines and price point. Avoid the made in china stuff as construction tends to be shoddy. The made in mexico ones are much better. I have a pair of made in mexico pull on boots, no distressing, no stupid stuff, leather sole. Very comfortable boots. The main reason I got them was they were at Neiman Marcus Outlet for nearly 90% off. The original sticker was over $600, I paid about $70. No complaints about construction or quality, but no way I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug Just curious, why do people always act like horse leather is some grail of leather? I don't' mean this in a disparaging way but more it's coming from my own ignorance. Is it supposed to be nicer looking and draping better in real life? Does it just age better? Just because it's thicker (personally i don't want all leather jackets to be thick and armor like)? Because it's more rare to see than lamb/calf/cow? Is there...
Quote: Originally Posted by max_r i'm moving to england in like a week and i was planning to wear mostly ocbd's because thats what i do here in the US. I guess I'm a bad person? I moved from Canada to England, wore the exact same clothes and people don't notice until I have to talk. I do that thing with speech....annunciate.
Quote: Originally Posted by obiter dictum The problem for me (6'5") isn't really finding jeans with long inseams, the problem is finding jeans with the combination of long inseams, mid rise (11.5" front rise at 34" waist) and slim-straight fit. Take the Momotaros mentioned in the previous post for instance. I'm sure they're great jeans and that massive inseam is lovely, but there's no way I could wear jeans with a 10.5" rise. Then again, not everyone...
Quote: Originally Posted by 42LONG After reading all 78 pages of this i too really like the MMMs. Overall class and really quality construction. Now just to find some i can afford..... Find a pair of the originals.
Its definitely style specific, theres no way most NDC's 44+11.5. I wear 10.5-11, and usually start with a 44 given euro size options. I fit 44 in most NDC, although I have experienced some fitting larger, however I think it has to the general shape of the shoe rather than just style by style. Longer/more pointed toe fit slightly larger than the rounded toe shape in my experience.
You can't even buy Uniqlo online in the US. Not that it matters, I'm from Canada currently living in the UK, and I can tell you that the only way I can actually get my hands on any of the decent products is by going to London, and going into one of their stores. Their online store, at least for the UK, is nothing short of terrible. It works only if you know exactly what you want, exactly in the size, and really only if you've seen the product in person, because you...