or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

I don't know, to me Kirpan doesn't sound angry at all - he sounds quite reasonable actually. He never even suggested an alternative, which he might have done if he was a "jealous competitor". I'd love to see pictures of Svenn's suits, both HK and Narin (when it's done). Let SF decide which is superior (or better value-for-money). You'll get an honest, fair appraisal from the regulars here (especially if you don't say beforehand who made which suit ).
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Two- or even three-button throat closures are on the rise as well. Two-button throat closures are great, especially if you have a long neck and need high collars. Three buttons otoh, no.
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick I can't remember right, but I don't believe most DVD's output pure PCM that standalone DAC's require. Usually it's Dolby Digital 2.0, which does not work with those. Your cheapest bet is getting a stand-alone DVD player. In the setup menu I can set the coaxial port to be either SPDIF/RAW or SPDIF/PCM. The manual claims that the former is for Dolby, the latter for 2-channel audio. Either way, since...
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick Coaxial audio is a digital output. Your mixer seems to be pure analog. You won't be able to hook up the two via coaxial. As others have said, if there's a Line out/Aux out/TV out jack on the TV, use that. Yes, a friend of mine who works in music production has just explained as much. He said either I get some sort of a digital-analogue converter (like this) or, more simply, a standalone DVD player with...
This might be a bit tricky, not sure if it can be done at all: I just bought a TV set with an integrated DVD player (this one). And I also have these Alesis studio monitors and a small Behringer mixer. The mixer is really only for convenience - it gives me a more convenient volume control than using Windows software volume control (if the signal comes from my laptop) and obviously it has several line and tape inputs so I can connect more than one device to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 This. Very good reason. The Perugia Eurochocolate festival in October is more fun than Germany's Oktoberfest if you ask me.
Quote: Originally Posted by imwithtuxedo Representative (formal) or Congressman (informal)-for House of Representatives. Senator- for Senate. Interesting. I was taught Congress was the term for Senate+House. So you use Congressman only for members of the House of Representatives?
Quote: Originally Posted by Naturlaut II I'll be in Italy all through the last weeks of summer, so my schedule is flexible. I'm supposed to be in Perugia around 24th or so. Do you think LH, Scarfora, Solito will be open by 30th? So no one will be swinging by Naples in that week? It'd be awesome to have a SF meetup at the mecca. Hi. What are you going to Perugia for? I lived there for a few months last year. There is a bespoke...
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was under the impression the point of unfused lining was achieving softer collars and cuffs, or that inward-rolling collars might only be possible if unfused. Since I understand now that isn't the case I don't mind sticking with fused collars. Shirtmaven, I don't use remote MTM. I'm in Asia fairly regularly and will try to communicate these wishes next time. Let's see if they can do it. Good to know that at any rate it doesn't...
I am not altogether happy with the collars on any of the shirts I've had made so far. They range from stiff-like-cardboard to relatively-flexible-but-still-not-as-soft-as-I-would-like. 1. Is it a bad idea to specify omitting the interlining in the collar altogether (and possibly cuffs) for the next shirt? Is it going to result in a totally shapeless, sloppy mess? 2. If the above option is out of the question, does anybody have experience with getting unfused collars...