or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Quote: Originally Posted by c00kz I thought the closing track on Antics was the best of the album. I agree that's a great song.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo No, it isn't. Its more like the misspelling of douchebag instead of douche bag. You're familiar with that word right? You are either being deliberately obtuse or you're really just a moron. I don't know which is worse. "realise" is a British English spelling of American English "realize". "Chalk full" is not an AE spelling of BE "chock-full", it's just false. Try relying less on your spell-check plug-in...
Quote: Originally Posted by CMD.EXE You're absolutely right about one being more comfortable in a setting he is used to. If you take particular elements of that comfort however, you do see certain things to be certain ways in some places. One of the largest issues is space. Personal dwellings in Europe and often much of the world ie Japan, etc are on average far smaller than average American dwellings. The answer I got from a lot of people in Europe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo BTW - you misspelled realize Just like "colour" is a misspelling of "color", isn't it? ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo This thread is chalk full of genetic defectives. Jesus. Let's see. Could it be the level of naivety displayed in this thread by both you and the OP that requires stating the obvious? You were even asking if the government would get involved if you go job-hunting on a tourist visa. Uhm, what?!? You can apply for as many jobs as you like w/o a visa you're just not going to get them, that's all. Yes, believe it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo See below on how to properly answer a hypothetical question Thank you for having a triple digit IQ Idiot. Reread the other post. I said that in reply to the pilot who thinks companies do "background checks" on applicants to find out if they are in the country legally. He probably thinks the MI6 is involved.
Did you see finished or semi-finished suits or jackets for other customers anywhere in his shop? If he can't show you at least some work-in-progress for other customers I wouldn't do it. 1800 is a lot of money for a leap of faith.
Quote: Originally Posted by CMD.EXE Still, I maintain the fact that things that are cheap in the states like water, in Europe can be expensive. Just like other things, as you go on to point out yourself, which are cheap in Europe can be expensive in the US. I think people have a natural tendency to think of their own country as more comfortable and rather easy to live compared to places abroad. If you move to another country you'll always...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot I'm assuming you sending in an application or resume, the company doing a background check on your passport, and finding out you're on a tourist visa No need for any background checks. Your resume tells them you have non-EU citizenship so you will be asked to produce a valid work visa before you get a work contract. No visa, no contract.
Quote: Originally Posted by CMD.EXE My first experience with Europe that was really eye opening was the fact that its cheaper to drink wine than it is to drink water. Its just basics like those that make the US very comfortable. nonsense do you mind telling us what colour the sky is in your world