or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

no, I'm saying that's what it says on the label:
...better late than never: I was in Shanghai in October and had three shirts made at Eleganza Uomo. Price, if I remember rightly, was RMB 1,000 for all three. Measurements Wednesday afternoon, fitting Thursday or Friday (don't remember), collection Saturday afternoon. I can't take pictures of the other two shirts right now as they are in the other flat. I am quite pleased overall for a first effort. I'd give both fit and workmanship a B+, relative to what I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by sellahi22 "Beau Brummel's look would not pass muster in a modern boardroom." economist captions ftw +1 A recent favourite: http://www.economist.com/node/168467...ry_id=16846714
Emma, I don't want to go through 33 pages to find out if this issue has been mentioned yet, so please excuse if yes. I live in Germany and ordered the trial shirt not long ago. As it turns out, the parcel was shipped with EMS. Apparently, EMS has a private-sector partner in Germany by the name of GDSK, which "intercepts" all incoming EMS parcels from China. This firm now wants a whopping 25,59 euros "service fee" before they send on the parcel ON TOP of the shipping...
late reply... Thanks for the heads-up on Eleganza Uomo, JLibourel. I'll be in Shanghai again for a few days next week. Not sure if there will be time to have anything made, but Eleganza Uomo seem to have a shop in Pudong, which is convenient as I'll be staying in a hotel there. If I have anything made, I'll report back.
Z by Costa-Gavras from 1969 - absolutely brilliant film. Tremors, maybe? Definitely underrated where I live, maybe less so in the US... Hard Eight (early Paul Thomas Anderson with Gwyneth Paltrow) Nine Queens - excellent Argentinian movie about a group of con-men in Buenos Aires One True Thing Hamlet - the Branagh version This is England You Can Count on Me (I'm a big fan of both Laura Linney and Mark Ruffalo) Respiro (Italian movie with Valeria...
Quote: Originally Posted by c00kz I thought the closing track on Antics was the best of the album. I agree that's a great song.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo No, it isn't. Its more like the misspelling of douchebag instead of douche bag. You're familiar with that word right? You are either being deliberately obtuse or you're really just a moron. I don't know which is worse. "realise" is a British English spelling of American English "realize". "Chalk full" is not an AE spelling of BE "chock-full", it's just false. Try relying less on your spell-check plug-in...
Quote: Originally Posted by CMD.EXE You're absolutely right about one being more comfortable in a setting he is used to. If you take particular elements of that comfort however, you do see certain things to be certain ways in some places. One of the largest issues is space. Personal dwellings in Europe and often much of the world ie Japan, etc are on average far smaller than average American dwellings. The answer I got from a lot of people in Europe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo BTW - you misspelled realize Just like "colour" is a misspelling of "color", isn't it? ...