Posts by il_colonnello

I ordered a Jil Sander knit once for around 50 euros, and when I returned it (didn't fit), it re-appeared on the site for almost 200 euros. So somebody must have realized they'd made a pricing mistake when they re-stocked the item.I've often wondered though if the entire price evolution (after the first price has been entered manually) isn't algorithm-based. They seem to have so many thousands of items up at any given moment, it would seem excessive to keep working price...
lolMy great Yoox days are over. At the peak of my interest, I was watching 200 items across 4 dreamboxes, and that was limiting myself. Nowadays, I'm down to around 10 items in 1 dreambox, and half of them I have no intention of buying, they're only there to observe market value.When I do still buy from Yoox these days, I don't really go to the trouble of ordering to addresses in different countries (hotels, family) any more, as the big price differences have all but...
I have no idea if they allow registering multiple accounts through the same country site. I do however have customer accounts on Yoox Belgium, Yoox France, Yoox Germany and Yoox Italy (and Luxembourg actually, so 5 all told, and yes, each must have its unique e-mail address), and received the invitation to participate in the scratch-and-win thing only to the e-mail address associated with the German account.It's a bit unusual in that they have always kept US and EU...
Out of my 4 European Yoox accounts, only the German-registered one seems to participate in the scratch-and-win thing. I played twice, got the free express shipping code yesterday and the main prize today (here it's 50 euros off). Code is good till July 2017 on any order of minimum 51 euros. There is nothing anywhere about a limitation in number of possible winners, just need to hit two identical tiles.But yeah supposing there is never more than 1 winning pair, it does seem...
^too late, label's gone under at least he is/was consistent, everything I ever wore by him (KVA as well as DH) needed sizing up
Yes, nobody does nylon like Miuccia.I had a chance today to try on a padded jacket from last fall's "black nylon" collection, and it was all I could do to stop myself from buying it (I have wardrobes full of winter outerwear). Just flicked through pictures of the whole collection on Vogue Runway and damn can nylon look awesome in the hands of a capable designer!My advice is, get that bag. Who cares if it's gonna last an eternity, who wants to carry around the same bag for...
+1 on this. Try to get one that's structured or anyway has some kind of reinforced bottom. I have several leather backpacks and the one I use most is the one from the Alexander Wang x H&M capsule from a few seasons back. The leather is obviously not the most luxurious, but the lower part is structured so there is no sagging or stretching when you put something heavy in it. Can be mildly annoying otherwise.
Appreciate all the input. Have discovered that some of the same Nanimarquina rugs are actually available from other e-tailers at lower prices than Yoox's. I'm not used to that from clothes... plus, Yoox discount codes/promos never seem to discount anything from the design+art section... @Parker, I read a write-up on Faig Ahmed in a Lufthansa magazine recently. Interesting/weird as art, impractical as rugs though (and I don't even want to know the prices).
Moving house recently has kindled an interest in me in getting better furniture this time than the usual IKEA stuff that I've had since, well, forever. Still need a rug for the living room and am torn between a traditional oriental rug, like this: https://www.carpetvista.com/carpet/nain-6-la?artno=RMD1 and something a bit more modern, like this for example: http://www.yoox.com/us/58016079RH/item# This one's also interesting: http://www.yoox.com/us/58011418VR/item#
Normally I welcome everything that broadens SF's narrow "approved" list but even I think these are a bit extreme.I could maaaaybe make them work in a fit where everything else tones them down. Either way please for the love of God do NOT wear them with those jeans. (I assume that's just what you happened to be wearing when you tried them on.)