or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

@masshi Not sure I can help you with black raws, but I think if you were willing to give up that criterion, there are options out there without having to resort to women's jeans. This is a great pair of jeans (and now available at great price): http://www.oki-ni.com/en/apparel/raf-simons-slim-fit-jeans-011371.html I ordered and had to return the only size they have left (28). I'm pretty skinny myself and do wear a size 28 in plenty of other brands (Balenciaga, Lanvin,...
With a tie, no, never. And even without a tie, not the kind of short-sleeved shirt in ^that picture, i.e. not a dress shirt that's only had the sleeves cut off. However, I think some replies in this thread ignore that there is a world of "fashion" s/s shirts out there (by "fashion" I only mean clearly designed not to be worn instead of a long-sleeved dress shirt) that are perfectly fine to wear, in fact that are often better than wearing a T-shirt (which I guess would be...
The issue I see with forum b&s is precisely that there is a forum attached to it, and that forum - be it SF or any other one - tends to condone a certain taste/range of styles only. Which is great if you happen to have or want sth that corresponds to that image but less great otherwise.I sold a pair of Ann Demeulemeester boots on gra*led recently and the buyer was talking about what size he wears in Dolce&Gabbana and DSQUARED2. On SF you couldn't mention those brands in...
Low-balls and flakes being the two main ones, closely followed by destitute college students who somehow have got it in their heads that they're entitled to wearing Herm├Ęs, Tom Ford and Louis Vuitton.The worst thing about this move is the way they announced it: "Don't you just HATE how ebay charges TEN per cent? So do we! Don't get fleeced on there! We've decided to keep our sales fee ultrasuperlow! Only... 6 per cent!" Yes. Huge difference there.Having said all that,...
Last one before I disappear to China later today for an extended (much needed) break from all this [[SPOILER]]
Unfortunately, you have a point there. :-(I'm getting a little tired of looking at them myself, especially as not one of those books belongs to me.Anyway, onwards. Monday special: No bookshelves! [[SPOILER]]
Not what I'm wearing today but yesterday's outfit: [[SPOILER]]
From what percentage discount would you say is that the case? I read an interview once with the guy who founded stylebop. He said generally speaking they buy about 70-80 pieces of basic items like pants or shirts, and the number may drop to 20-30 for very exclusive, high-ticket items. Now, when sales season starts (and not starting with 70 per cent off of course but a meager 25), it seems a lot of things are already gone and most of the rest is only available in certain...
So, at the Ann Demeulemeester store yesterday I tried on 4 items and bought 3 of them (admittedly one of them was a bag so didn't require so much "trying on"): fit pic of pants with bag At Dries Van Noten I made a valiant effort I think I tried on just about the whole store in the space of an hour or two and in the end bought 1 item... ...and even this one I am having creeping doubts about the morning after. Might try to get rid of it again (pm if interested). So...
This is interesting and strikes me as typical of the differences between the US and Europe.As you say, returns ought to be enforceable by law if something has been misrepresented. The underlying assumption in EU law is that whenever you sell somebody something remotely, providing a mere photographic image of the physical object is, in some way, by definition a misrepresentation of said object. Therefore, just as nobody is forced to buy anything from anyone else, likewise...