or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Thanks. Have e-mailed them about measurements. Their description "finally a wool T that doesn't scream weekend camping trip" is exactly what I was talking about.
There used to be a separate thread on obscure Yoox brands. Paolo Pecora got numerous recommendations in that thread, rightly so. I can't speak to his formalwear, but the knitwear - at steeply discounted Yoox prices, of course - is very good. There's usually a ton of it up, so you can sit back and wait for prices to fall to H&M level. Unity and Solosali sometimes also have pretty good knitwear, but more hit-and-miss than Pecora - I have returned several Unity items, most...
Oliver Spencer selvage denim (SS14, 53€ on matches, great find): + just ordered this a few minutes ago: ...despite serious misgivings about sizing. Haven't worn any Lanvin before and the fact that it says "fits large" makes it unlikely that a 48 will fit me. On the other hand I am planning to wear it over a suit always, so who knows?
yeah they're goodI have a few of their linen Ts and am quite happy with them.I also once ordered the Roni wool-leather jacket (as seen here, although I didn't get it from Barneys) and really liked the quality and the fabric and the way the wool contrasted with the leather bits. Unfortunately they cut very short sleeves, so in the end I decided to return it.
I'm not sure I understand your question (what do you mean by "technically correct/incorrect") but anyway I have all but given up on the concept "dress shoe = leather sole". If you live in a rainy place (I do), leather soles will never be ideal. I care nothing how much others think that rubber soles are wrong with a suit, they are just so much more low-maintenance in wet weather. I have an array of leather-soled dress shoes, many of them worn only a handful of times, and 2...
Nice Jil alpaca-wool coat for sale here (don't know what season, but presumably Raf): http://www.stylebop.com/product_details.php?id=548932 Not in my size any more but perhaps somebody else is interested. Extra 20 per cent off displayed price till tomorrow.
Firstly, high-rise trousers kick the shit out of low-rise ones any day, and the reason, pure and simple, is that having the waist of your pants actually go up to your waist is that it's 20,000x more comfortable than Alexander-McQueen-style jeans that require 28-inch long T-shirts to cover your back (and ass). I have (and every once in a while actually still buy) various low-rise dress pants, jeans, chinos, shorts, what have you, and every time I wear one of them I remember...
Don't know if it's reusable, but I've just used ETX8DPV to shave 100 euros off my latest order from matchesfashion. The only conditions are 1) you need to order for minimum 300 euros/dollars/pounds 2) you order at least 1 non-discounted item. I threw in a non-discounted pair of boxer shorts for 30 euros and topped up the rest with sales items. :-)
I have given this a little thought. If it's just once in a while for an exceptional item, what the hell I'm almost inclined to do it free of charge - i.e. as a favour, not a service. I'm thinking along the lines of "I've finally discovered that elusive jacket that I've been trying to hunt down for years and it's not available to the US or twice as expensive" - that sort of situation. I don't need to make a profit out of that. Shoot me a pm and we'll work it out. Also,...