or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

^thisat the risk of repeating what others have said... I like both shoes and pants, just not together. The slim, tapering pants make your feet appear disproportionately large compared to rest of your silhouette. I actually keep having to remind myself of this as am guilty myself sometimes of combing big, clunky derbies with slim/tapering pants. (It's more obvious to me in photos than in the mirror.)
Thanks. I had the chance to look at a women's handbag from the fall 14 collection yesterday at a friend's place. On the whole I had much the same impression you described, although of course this bag was brand new. She too paid only 500€ (down from 1.5k), so I guess at that price point the quality is fine. I have decided to give the briefcase I posted above a pass for now; it's on tizianafausti.com if anyone's interested, at 50 per cent off.
man the ssense shipping conditions to outside North America are truly ridiculous I just paid a whopping 50$ flat-rate to get a beanie that cost 68(!) itself. It probably costs them all of 10 bucks to send that to Europe. And for 50$ it's not even DHL or UPS but some cheap-ass standard mail option. It's almost like they're trying to keep non-North-American customers away. anyway, a few recently-discovered online stores that may not have been mentioned here...
That's a bit harsh. The shoes are jarring as I said, the rest is fine. To whoever said the sweater is too short, if you're going to wear a shirt untucked under a sweater I actually prefer the sweater to be short, otherwise what's the point?Is it just me or have you been more vocal in panning other people's fits btw. Nothing wrong with that; just seems to go against your stated character (sig).
Assembling hiking gear while relying solely on sales can be done, provided you start early. Like a year or anyway six months in advance. I spent two weeks in Nepal last November hiking up to Annapurna base camp with 80-90 per cent of my stuff on-sale items, but had begun getting things in bits and pieces in the spring. My friend who was with me scrambled to get everything together two weeks before departure and yes, in that case you better not just buy whatever is on sale...
The runners are not my taste at all (or anyway not in this context) but I kind of like how this combines cheap high-street stuff with ultra-luxury. Doesn't always work so well.
Do you have personal experience with EG? The brand is a forum favourite so would be interested what you base that statement on.
A lot of my own purchases are brand whore purchases so I don't think there is anything per se wrong with that however I do think 250 for a very plain cotton sweatshirt is a bit much. Too much, even with brand whoring reflected in the price.
another MONDAYBLUES for the usual 10 off till midnight
Has anybody had recent experience with Jil briefcases? Jil Sander was mentioned in various (positive) posts in the old thread, but would be interested if anybody has handled any items more recently. Looking at this specifically (fall 14):