or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

So it's even worse (for me). I thought medium = 48 (US38). Oh well...
Interesting that this kind of practice has now reached its next stage: the one where they don't even ask any more before they pay duties on your behalf and then just present you with a bill after the fact.When I placed my first-ever order with ModernTailor a few years back, the shirt was shipped from China using EMS, but EMS only transported it to the first point-of-entry in Germany (where I lived at the time). There, the shipment was handed over to some dodgy third-party...
Got this to my Yoox-Italy-registered e-mail address yesterday (for now only in Italy apparently). It's a prepaid MasterCard that will credit 5 per cent payback on all Yoox purchases. Had been wondering when Yoox would begin getting into credit-card partnerships...
Thanks for linking to this.I'm normally a great admirer of Dries' work but I don't like this jacket much. As a women's it's ok I guess. The Alexander Wang and Sterling Ruby ones are both much better.Also, the Helmut Lang one was obviously customised by Helmut Lang himself (not "Helmut Lang" the commercial label), making this maybe the last opportunity to get a brandnew statement piece done by the man himself.Would be great if one or other of those jackets went to SF'ers so...
LOLTotally agree. I had an anxious few days after ordering. I trust Yoox, but still hate it when I have to return high-priced items.In fact, in my old days I would probably have counted on Yoox's mediocre image making sure that nobody would buy it for a long time, and stared at it in my dreambox for a year... lately I've found all that waiting tiring. Maybe I'm getting old or something but nowadays I prefer getting fewer things at higher prices, but those few more or less...
Yeah, it would be the highest price I've paid for a single garment so far.It is proper black, bathroom lighting makes it appear lighter-coloured than it is.
It was around 2.5k (€) to where I live minus 15 per cent promo code -> just north of 2k. I figure if it retailed at somewhere between 4-5k, that's minimum 50 per cent off against official price - good enough.Very interesting btw that you think it's "on the longer side" - my main concern was if it mightn't be a tad too short on me. I'm probably a little paranoid about that as a lot of stuff looks short on me if I don't buy it in huge, billowing sizes. I guess that worry is...
Dior Homme I got on Yoox on a whim: I had pangs of conscience after ordering but I'm rather chuffed at how it fits me, so I'm coming round to the idea of keeping it. Some info if anyone here is interested in the other size: I normally take a (long) size 46 in most outerwear. This one is a 48 but it fits fairly slim. Nevertheless the sleeves, like a lot of KVA-designed stuff, have generous length (great for me). I guess if the 48 sits on me like a size small, that means...
There's a women's NR coat in a size large on Yoox right now at pretty steep discount. They got the spelling wrong, look for "Norvegian Rain" (oh Yoox...)
Maison Margiela and (you're in luck) available @ total dumping price here: http://www.spenceclothing.com/store/men/Martin-margiela-leather-travel-bag-art41586.html Use code NEWPD15 for another 10 per cent off. I bought the same bag a while back in plain black. It has a funny (Margiela-funny) double zip mechanism to slim and enlarge it. Ended up returning mine but not a bad buy at that price.