or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

+1 on signing up for UPS My Choice. Has saved me a lot of hassle in the last 1-2 years. @Timbaland, were those packages supposed to be delivered against signature? If yes, credit card chargeback is your friend. (In fact, I even managed to get a chargeback once on 3 stolen packages that were not supposed to be delivered against signature.)
On a vaguely related note, I e-mailed Yoox the other day begging them to make a difference in future between Ann Demeulemeester mainline footwear and the cheaper "AD Ann Demeulemeester". Often you can tell from the images that a particular pair is "AD", but it's annoying anyway. Pretty sure these are "AD": http://www.yoox.com/us/44995977OT/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=44995977OT&sizeId= Certainly the lower starting price is a hint...
Btw there's also still a few Achilles Retros in black (or navy?) on oki-ni right now also at 50 per cent off. They are going fast though, the white ones sold out in all sizes over night.
I like beige and black Ann D lows, but on the white-and-black ones I think the contrast is way too stark.Oki-ni has CP slip-ons in a similar colorway as those Visvims at 50 per cent off (=$160) right now:https://www.oki-ni.com/en/sales-luxury-sneakers/common-projects-off-white-suede-slip-on-sneakers-011174.htmlI just ordered the black ones. Aesthetically I actually *much* prefer the off-white suede ones, but they're hardly a "I'm just gonna slip these on quickly to take...
Belgian lawyer who's going to defend Salah Abdeslam wears SLP: and Rick Owens (pretty sure anyway as I have the same scarf):
So it's even worse (for me). I thought medium = 48 (US38). Oh well...
Interesting that this kind of practice has now reached its next stage: the one where they don't even ask any more before they pay duties on your behalf and then just present you with a bill after the fact.When I placed my first-ever order with ModernTailor a few years back, the shirt was shipped from China using EMS, but EMS only transported it to the first point-of-entry in Germany (where I lived at the time). There, the shipment was handed over to some dodgy third-party...
Got this to my Yoox-Italy-registered e-mail address yesterday (for now only in Italy apparently). It's a prepaid MasterCard that will credit 5 per cent payback on all Yoox purchases. Had been wondering when Yoox would begin getting into credit-card partnerships...
Thanks for linking to this.I'm normally a great admirer of Dries' work but I don't like this jacket much. As a women's it's ok I guess. The Alexander Wang and Sterling Ruby ones are both much better.Also, the Helmut Lang one was obviously customised by Helmut Lang himself (not "Helmut Lang" the commercial label), making this maybe the last opportunity to get a brandnew statement piece done by the man himself.Would be great if one or other of those jackets went to SF'ers so...
LOLTotally agree. I had an anxious few days after ordering. I trust Yoox, but still hate it when I have to return high-priced items.In fact, in my old days I would probably have counted on Yoox's mediocre image making sure that nobody would buy it for a long time, and stared at it in my dreambox for a year... lately I've found all that waiting tiring. Maybe I'm getting old or something but nowadays I prefer getting fewer things at higher prices, but those few more or less...