or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

don't know if this one's been posted yet: http://www.superdenim.com/ EG, Cabourn, Trickers, Viberg...
Anyone have experience with how well MMM leathers hold up with use? I got this weekender from Yoox and am on the fence about keeping it. It came to 565 euros with one of the recent discount codes, which seems like a good deal, but I have another (non-leather) weekender so don't absolutely need it. (It's still available on Yoox and on stylebop if anyone else is interested.) @DesignerValet: If stiff textured leathers are not your favourite and previously you said...
very nice, especially that lot of ties
looool
You know @kmert, the back length of ^that suit I could live with, I guess. I'm 6ft3" myself and still have a few OTR jackets that probably sit like that on me. It's the sleeve length where I get paranoid. Do you actually wear your sleeves like that? The only reason that Farfetch model you linked to doesn't look totally ridiculous to me is because the shirt sleeves are equally waaaay too short. If that model was wearing anywhere near his "correct" (in inverted commas...
fair enough I guess I still have my CM sensibilities turned on from my previous life..
You know, I'd be curious to see that actually (non-ironic). I could imagine that 6ft2" and 30" BOC might just get you into CM-approved territory.However, the TB suit on ssense I linked to is clearly not 30" BOC - not in any size. In fact, the model appears to be wearing a size 3 according to the info in the size chart! If that's the back (and sleeve!) length you get out of a size 3, I don't want to see what that suit looks like on even an average-height guy who needs one...
We seem to be going in circles with this.Yes, that model is tall, as most models tend to be. So maybe one thing we can all agree on is that fashion models tend to be taller (and less fat) than the general population, and clothes designers - although this is my speculation - are probably aware of that when they create patterns for OTR anything (including, but not limited to, suits and blazers).Having said that, have you looked at the picture of that TB suit from the back?...
^thisI think it's pretty obvious from that picture that that suit does not come in any size that this model could wear well off-the-rack. To achieve SF-approved length (CM-approved, that is), he'd have to go up at least two sizes, which would make everything way too wide, including (but not limited to) the pants.To be fair, that doesn't change the fact that TB's suit jackets also, as you put it, end "right in the middle of your...
For a suit jacket (as opposed to a SC), that MMM jacket is very short, by any standard. Perhaps if you are less tall than that model, it will look less extreme, but one way or the other, over in CM you'd get torn to pieces with this kind of length.Having said that, I think that the main reason all these modern-cut, Thom-Brownish-length jackets look bad is that they are always paired with low-rise trousers, so even with the jacket buttoned up, there is too much trouser...