or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Yeah, it would be the highest price I've paid for a single garment so far.It is proper black, bathroom lighting makes it appear lighter-coloured than it is.
It was around 2.5k (€) to where I live minus 15 per cent promo code -> just north of 2k. I figure if it retailed at somewhere between 4-5k, that's minimum 50 per cent off against official price - good enough.Very interesting btw that you think it's "on the longer side" - my main concern was if it mightn't be a tad too short on me. I'm probably a little paranoid about that as a lot of stuff looks short on me if I don't buy it in huge, billowing sizes. I guess that worry is...
Dior Homme I got on Yoox on a whim: I had pangs of conscience after ordering but I'm rather chuffed at how it fits me, so I'm coming round to the idea of keeping it. Some info if anyone here is interested in the other size: I normally take a (long) size 46 in most outerwear. This one is a 48 but it fits fairly slim. Nevertheless the sleeves, like a lot of KVA-designed stuff, have generous length (great for me). I guess if the 48 sits on me like a size small, that means...
There's a women's NR coat in a size large on Yoox right now at pretty steep discount. They got the spelling wrong, look for "Norvegian Rain" (oh Yoox...)
Maison Margiela and (you're in luck) available @ total dumping price here: http://www.spenceclothing.com/store/men/Martin-margiela-leather-travel-bag-art41586.html Use code NEWPD15 for another 10 per cent off. I bought the same bag a while back in plain black. It has a funny (Margiela-funny) double zip mechanism to slim and enlarge it. Ended up returning mine but not a bad buy at that price.
Don't know if this store is known (I have no personal experience with them), but they have some good brands: http://www.peggsandson.com/sale This in particular is a fantastic deal: http://www.peggsandson.com/technical-jacket-black I have ^that jacket. It is excellent and at this price it's practically giving it away.
It's all relative and of course NR is absolutely miles beyond pure outdoor brands like North Face. There really is no comparison (not only its fabric but even just in terms of design and not looking like a camping trip). However, as far as high-end rainwear for more urban purposes is concerned I still think the Ten C fabric (also fully waterproof unless I'm mistaken) looks and feels a little less artificial. I also regret that more brands don't combine Gore-Tex membranes...
^I am amazed that you manage to layer a size small over a sportcoat at all, more so without serious pulling/problems of movement. I guess there must be a considerable difference in sizing between SB and DB then. I also normally wear a size small/46(IT) but got the knee-length DB in a medium, b/c trying both sizes on in store there was no way in hell I could have layered a size small over anything but a medium-weight knit, certainly not a structured sportcoat (all this is...
The reactions to SS16 make me think - not for the first time - that there is a bigger difference between American and European fashion sensibilities than we tend to think or anyway than globalised fashion marketing and distribution tries to make us believe. Is the use of images of American icons like Marilyn and Elvis on clothing seen as tacky in the US? Because honestly in Europe I don't think it is, and certainly not if done well by somebody like DVN with undoubted...
How's the quality of Margiela footwear these days? I've seen grievances with recent Margiela items in other threads but those related to shirts (nowadays Made in Romania) and a leather bag. I have had excellent personal experience with their shoes/boots and apparently they are all still made in Italy.