or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

nah not in that colorway anyway
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I have to admit that, although I tend to look down on ostentatious Gucci-type brand-whoring I can be a bit of a brand whore myself when the brand is a name that I look up to design or quality-wise. (That's why I'm dismayed at negative reviews of Lanvin bags as that would normally be my want-to-have brand.) So yeah I guess I am willing to pay extra for having something with a certain name on it - now I only need to figure out any more if I...
I guess that means their sizing between sneakers and formal shoes is all over the place then. The last time I tried to get into a pair of Lanvin penny loafers in my normal size, it hurt like hell just having them on, still less walking around in them.
hey rach,I was never an avid follower of the old thread, so wouldn't know if or what "consensus" was reached there re: Hermès or other designer labels' bags. I do know from cursory perusing that thread (and other sites) that other supposedly high-level makers got panned as well (including Lanvin and Dior), so I thought maybe the safest option was to choose the one make that generally seems to be held in the highest esteem.I do note that you have not said anything in this...
Not that I doubt that Yoox mislabels things (it's kind of their specialty, isn't it), but I did find these in the Santoni on-line store:http://santonishoes.com/eu/crocodile-print-punched-leather-loafers-21989.htmlhttp://santonishoes.com/eu/crocodile-print-punched-leather-loafers.html
haven't worn any cap toes so far, but the two pairs of Lanvin loafers I've worn definitely needed sizing up
I looked around on the Hermès Web site a bit. Couldn't find the Plume posted earlier, but most of the bags I looked at cost somewhere around 5,000 euros (order of magnitude). The more I think about this, the more I wonder if that kind of expense could ever be justified in the (very) long term - like if you were to use a bag for decades, a lifetime. Is that conceivable? Do Hermès bags have the leather and build quality to use them... forever, basically? Or do they look beat...
No experience with hi velcros, but I go a pair of SS14 low velcros a little while back off spence. I normally wear 41 and got them in 41 and they have been taking a hell of a long time to break in. I even had to torment them with a size-42 shoetree to stretch them enough to become halfway comfortable, so unless the sizing has changed I definitely wouldn't size down. Up if anything...
6'3longish sleeves on a short-sleeved T/polo = great for people with longish armsI wish there were more T/polo shirts that have that
+1would drive me mad more than any financial lossTo be fair (not that I have anything helpful to contribute to the TOJ tragedy) where my credit cards were issued (Germany) I doubt you'd be able to do a chargeback beyond six weeks after a payment has been invoiced. So any transaction where delivery was from the outset foreseen for a year later, you'd be out of luck.