or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

I like the ones that Christopher Raeburn does, like this one on Yoox right now:http://www.yoox.com/au/41624779WA/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=41624779WA&sizeId=4I have one quite similar to ^this one and was very satisfied wearing it during a trip to China this past winter.
Really? What makes you think that? Just curious.
Yes, Elmo toilet-dancing = hours of entertainment. I have to admit I stole it myself when somebody posted it in a song discussion in the Radio Paradise forums.Back on topic, the objections are all true. I have a suede T-shirt (also Wang) and wear it almost never: When do you wear a T-shirt that only makes sense wearing if it's not concealed by a knit/sweater? In high summer, exactly. And what do you (or I anyway) do in summer? I sweat profusely, and who wants to take a...
I'm a sucker for reversible pieces, even though experience with reversible outerwear/knits has taught me that after a couple of weeks of experimenting with both sides, I usually settle into wearing only one of them. Sometimes because one side just works better for me in everyday usage, sometimes purely out of laziness (because turning the garment inside out is too unwieldy/complicated). Most importantly, a reversible jacket is effectively an unlined jacket, and I have...
Alexander Wang reversible suede/leather jacket: 2k... It's a shame his prices have been going up...
+1 on signing up for UPS My Choice. Has saved me a lot of hassle in the last 1-2 years. @Timbaland, were those packages supposed to be delivered against signature? If yes, credit card chargeback is your friend. (In fact, I even managed to get a chargeback once on 3 stolen packages that were not supposed to be delivered against signature.)
On a vaguely related note, I e-mailed Yoox the other day begging them to make a difference in future between Ann Demeulemeester mainline footwear and the cheaper "AD Ann Demeulemeester". Often you can tell from the images that a particular pair is "AD", but it's annoying anyway. Pretty sure these are "AD": http://www.yoox.com/us/44995977OT/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=44995977OT&sizeId= Certainly the lower starting price is a hint...
Btw there's also still a few Achilles Retros in black (or navy?) on oki-ni right now also at 50 per cent off. They are going fast though, the white ones sold out in all sizes over night.
I like beige and black Ann D lows, but on the white-and-black ones I think the contrast is way too stark.Oki-ni has CP slip-ons in a similar colorway as those Visvims at 50 per cent off (=$160) right now:https://www.oki-ni.com/en/sales-luxury-sneakers/common-projects-off-white-suede-slip-on-sneakers-011174.htmlI just ordered the black ones. Aesthetically I actually *much* prefer the off-white suede ones, but they're hardly a "I'm just gonna slip these on quickly to take...
Belgian lawyer who's going to defend Salah Abdeslam wears SLP: and Rick Owens (pretty sure anyway as I have the same scarf):