or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Pollstar
Very good film. Have seen Talk to Her and All About My Mother from Almodovar, both of which are also very good.
The tailors I went to in VN and China have invariably told me I needed 3.5 for a 2-piece. We're not the same build (I'm skinnier but also taller than you); don't know how that impacts the length you need.
To each their own - I have nothing against bd collars as such, but would certainly not wear a tie with a bd collar myself (unless the buttons are hidden). There is something about the combination that makes me think of a man who wears a belt and suspenders at the same time.
I wonder what you mean by "well-equipped" when you say you don't want to study natural sciences and anything involving math. Somehow I would associate the term well-equipped with courses like chemical engineering, physics, medicine etc. involving lab research. Also, why do you want to look for work outside the EU? Is this a personal wish or because you think there won't be any jobs for your qualifications in the EU? If it's the latter, let me tell you the chances of...
I think that's kinda shocking.
While I tend to agree with this breakdown the most, it places W.W. Chan customers firmly in the realms of six-digit salaries. I wonder if that's really true of all the Chan followers on SF.
Does moderntailor still do the 2-suits-for-price-of-1 offer when you order a suit for the first time? I vaguely remember they used to have an offer for first-time-suit-customers where they send you the first suit, then you tell them where the fit needs changing (without sending the suit back to them) and then they make a second (otherwise identical) suit with your fit modifications taken into account at no extra cost. Do they still have that offer?
Are chinos less formal than jeans in the US?Where I live (Germany), jeans is about the lowest you can go short of wearing shorts. Chinos, while obviously not formal either, are still a notch above jeans.
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 It's called sprezzatura. People die to have it. Right.