Posts by il_colonnello

t h i s
This kind of talk on SF endlessly baffles me. Basically, I don't get what the "only" is doing in that statement.Either Americans generally make a ton more money than we here in Europe, or the average SFer makes a ton more than the average American.My first full-time job after university (10 years ago) paid me exactly 36,000 EUR. Granted, I wasn't buying Herm├Ęs and Louis Vuitton with that, but looking around among my fellow graduates, I could have done a lot worse - the...
I wish the entire gr@iled population, minus the low-balls and flakes, migrated to SF B&S. It would be a win-win for everybody. The latest trend now is low-balls whose offers are so low-ball they have to send them in a plain text message because grilled's offer mechanism won't accept them.
it's fake
I think factory outlets of mid-tier brands like Boss and Hilfiger have existed for decades. So-called "designer label" outlet malls have also been around at least since the 90s, but the "designer labels" usually turned out to be Lacoste, Guess, Diesel and the like."The Mall" outlet in Leccio Reggello is one of the only truly high-end b&m outlets I've visited in Europe, and when I was there last year it still looked brand-new.
I ordered a Jil Sander knit once for around 50 euros, and when I returned it (didn't fit), it re-appeared on the site for almost 200 euros. So somebody must have realized they'd made a pricing mistake when they re-stocked the item.I've often wondered though if the entire price evolution (after the first price has been entered manually) isn't algorithm-based. They seem to have so many thousands of items up at any given moment, it would seem excessive to keep working price...
lolMy great Yoox days are over. At the peak of my interest, I was watching 200 items across 4 dreamboxes, and that was limiting myself. Nowadays, I'm down to around 10 items in 1 dreambox, and half of them I have no intention of buying, they're only there to observe market value.When I do still buy from Yoox these days, I don't really go to the trouble of ordering to addresses in different countries (hotels, family) any more, as the big price differences have all but...
I have no idea if they allow registering multiple accounts through the same country site. I do however have customer accounts on Yoox Belgium, Yoox France, Yoox Germany and Yoox Italy (and Luxembourg actually, so 5 all told, and yes, each must have its unique e-mail address), and received the invitation to participate in the scratch-and-win thing only to the e-mail address associated with the German account.It's a bit unusual in that they have always kept US and EU...
Out of my 4 European Yoox accounts, only the German-registered one seems to participate in the scratch-and-win thing. I played twice, got the free express shipping code yesterday and the main prize today (here it's 50 euros off). Code is good till July 2017 on any order of minimum 51 euros. There is nothing anywhere about a limitation in number of possible winners, just need to hit two identical tiles.But yeah supposing there is never more than 1 winning pair, it does seem...
^too late, label's gone under at least he is/was consistent, everything I ever wore by him (KVA as well as DH) needed sizing up