or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Another recent European discovery: http://www.park-onlinestore.com/ Located in Vienna, apparently. Haven't ordered anything yet and the Web store is really bad (so bad it makes LNCC look good), but they do have a good selection of brands (Ann, Raf, MMM, Lemaire, Junya). Just as a heads-up, if you sort by designer, you only get to see their current-season items. Even though those are of course mostly on sale right now, you still have to click on "Sale" at the bottom to...
thanksDo you happen to know around what time that will be? There's a couple of things I would rather get at 50 per cent off than miss out on them. On the other hand, there seems to have been little interest in them the whole season so not unlikely that they discount them further.
Does anybody know if LNCC: - will do further reductions for items which currently stand at 50 per cent off? - takes unsold sales stuff off the site at the end of a sales season or do things continue to be available until sold?
Have ordered twice to Europe. First time was a pair of Alexander Wang trackpants which I had to return because they didn't fit - refunded without any problems and prompt communications when I e-mailed them when the return appeared to be stuck at JFK.Second time was a Raf Simons scarf which I kept. Again, prompt service and no problems.
He's not involved in it, apparently:http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spring-2016-menswear/maison-martin-margiela
Yes of course I understand that - I am not planning to return them to the US because I'm afraid I'd have to write off the duties+taxes. But perhaps I will try to get info from Belgian customs as to whether there is a way of recovering the amounts from them if I return them to the US. +1 though on taking care of this through ebay.
I don't know. I guess all it means is that Matches is willing to take a fat loss (on sales items anyway) if it builds them a stellar service reputation. Or maybe they're only offering it for a while to break into the American market and plan to change their policy later.Just ftr, I didn't skip this to make things sound worse than they are but because I doubt this route would get me anywhere. But maybe I'll look into it, who knows.
Fabric aside, I don't think wide, peak lapels on short, single-breasted coats look very good. Too much lapel for too little coat.
Yes, a friend suggested the same yesterday. It's one of those oxford shirts though that already has darts not just on the back but on the front as well. Not sure how much more could be done to take in the sides (or if that would be any less expensive than just re-paying duties+taxes). But yeah I'll be in Hong Kong in a few weeks maybe I'll take it with me and see if anything can be done cheaply there.
Update on ordering on the US Mr Porter site from outside the US: My 2 Raf shirts arrived today. One of them fits perfectly, very happy. The other one I guess I could wear as well but ideally would be 1 size smaller. Options: 1) Returning the shirt. Unfortunately, it turns out that: "Outside the US and Canada, customs duties and sales taxes are non-refundable through MR PORTER." I guess I could have looked that up before I ordered (2 mouse clicks, really), but when...