or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Quote: Originally Posted by Exit English I wonder if they spent all day complaining about the quality of the uniforms.
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi it IS that bad. trust me, i used to have a ton of Hugo Boss before i found this place. ...never noticing it was that bad until you found this place? Sometimes I wonder if it mightn't be better for some if they never found this place if all it does is raise their expectations about a product they were perfectly satisified with before.
If you like the austere look of Nomos, you could also consider Mühle-Glashütte, e.g.: http://www.muehle-glashuette.de/index.php?cat=2.2.56 or http://www.gnomonwatches.com/images/...eutoniaBDL.jpg
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard As SF's current Jew In Residence, let me just say that it's ok to make fun of Nazis. It is, in fact, encouraged. People need to stop being so uptight about it. Besides, if we started boycotting everything with Nazi connections, we'd be avoiding half the brands/manufacturers in Germany. BMW made Nazi motorcycles. Mercedes made Hitler's personal automobile. Hugo Boss, as noted, made Nazi uniforms. Bayer...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ich_Dien People will no doubt quickly detract from this statement, but in my opinion any watch between £10-£1000 is worthless. That threshold seems a bit random. I walked into the offices of Helmut Sinn's post-Sinn company in Frankfurt a good while back (some of whose watches are still a bit under the four-digit price range) and while looking at the watches on display, noticed one that was considerably more...
Quote: Originally Posted by denny123 Nope. Personally, I was thinking of 1 suit at Hahn's in Seoul, 1 suit at Savile Row in Seoul, 1 suit at Lam Couture in Saigon, 1 suit at Dung in Saigon, and several shirts at Jantzen in Hong Kong. Thanks to you I'm rethinking Jantzen and may look at getting the shirts also from Lam. My plan is to bring fabric for this trip, but to also pick out a list of fabrics at tailor for repeat business. I want to find which 2...
denny. If you're gonna have your suit made by Chan and your shirts by Jantzen you might as well have saved yourself the hassle of this thread. Really I'd figure out first where I want to spend my holidays, and then research what my best tailoring options are in that destination. That said, here are my 2 cents: Jantzen is universally worshipped here, for reasons I have yet to fathom. I was quite disappointed. Sleeves start pulling like crazy around deltoids and shoulder...
Quote: Originally Posted by Getzione I think we're looking at different websites? which site are you browsing? Im on: http://www.grahambrowne.co.uk/ Im pretty sure thats the right page, as i recognized one of the tailors photographed. Misunderstanding - I was referring to the Chris Kerr site. Alright you try out Graham Browne, I'll try out Kerr. Afterwards we'll compare notes. (Mine won't happen so soon though.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Vintage Gent Some fabrics are still lower than that. I recently commissioned a suit in Mersolair for slightly less than $1,300. I can confirm that - I was there in March and they said ~ HKD 10,000 was the absolute lowest they could do for a 2-piece suit. Nice overcoat.
Quote: Originally Posted by scott.m Melon Yellow That isn't on my CD... different editions? I have/had a couple of YLT albums. Not the one you posted, but I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One. That is one brilliant record from start to finish. Still enjoy it, after all these years.