or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

I like the blue dial of the 45, but would definitely get a leather strap. This one looks very nice, too (reminds me a little of the Mido Commander, which will probably be my next one): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...g?t=1262566740 Also, I never tire of recommending the green-dialled Alpinist; here's a picture from another forum (minus the awful replacement strap the guy put it on): http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...g?t=1237253851
Graham Browne is one of two non-SR UK tailors I considered for my first bespoke suit (before eventually deciding to make my first forays into custom suits in Asia). I became a bit sceptical after reading a thread on here where somebody mentioned that the jacket collar of their GB suit could hug the shirt collar a bit more closely. While a thousand sterling is certainly nowhere near as much as what you pay the average tailor on the Row, I thought for that price you...
I don't like it when the lapels of a jacket, when it is buttoned up, form bulges (as opposed to lying flat on the chest). In your photos it looks a little as though they do; I wonder if as a result of too much waist suppression. (I have a suit where the same happens and in mine it's obviously because of excessive waist suppression.) I concur though that in the second picture the waist as such looks perfectly fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenHero What do you think? I've been listening to it alot. I don't think it's quite as consistently good as Boxer, but it's growing on me. I think it's very good. Early favourites are Sorrow, Conversation 16 and especially Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks. Only on my second listen though. Boxer has already become a classic, it'll be hard for them to top that ever. I'd love to hear a more experimental album from them...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jbickerstaf Can too much of a V-shape be a bad thing? Yes.
The National - High Violet Tickets in hand to see them in concert in July...
That's what I tried at first, but it quickly grew to big. It's in a table of four columns (languages) and >130 rows (entries) at this stage, if I copy-n-paste it into a post, it gets all screwed up.
I'm an unemployed interpreter and sometimes miss my work, so I've had the idea to fill some of my spare time by bringing together two of my recent interests - Styleforum and Italian - in a multi-language glossary of clothing and tailoring terms. I'm attaching what I have done so far to this post. You'll see that it's still very rudimentary; I've just jotted down whatever terms came to mind first. It would be great if I could rope a couple of Italian native speakers into...
Quote: Originally Posted by rdawson808 Then there's Giant or Cannondale, I suppose. What else? I bought a Caffeine F3 a couple of years ago, the last model year before they downgraded the specs of the whole Caffeine range (2007? 08?): Generally speaking, Cannondale = BEAUTIFUL. Cannondale bikes are essentially "lower specs @ higher price" - you get a little less in terms of wheels, groupset, etc. and at the same time pay a...
Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth if you take a sample fabric swatch, turn it diagonally and pull, you would realize that it may stretch in one direction more than others. After numerous washings, the shirt may look a little "tired". Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum +1. If you use a fabric which normally has straight stripes and cut it so they are diagonal this would be what is called cutting 'on the bias'....