or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

I haven't kept up with this thread so don't know if this has been asked yet. Does anybody know if Modern Tailor can do diagonal stripes, like this: The striped fabrics on their Web site are all photographed so the stripes run diagonal in the images but I'm assuming unless you specify anything else they make the shirt with vertical stripes. The reason I'm asking is there seem to be tailors who can't do diagonally-striped shirts unless the cloth itself is...
www.bankowski.de/
Alfa - Sorry to hear your Dũng experience was disappointing. I'd like to stress that despite the shortcomings in my Dũng suit as pointed out in the other thread, it still fits me much better than any off-the-rack suit I've ever had. Like you Selvaggio I am a classic case for custom-made clothes; even German size-94 suits, supposedly one of the better OTR choices for tall and thin men, don't fit me nearly as well as the result from Dũng. Add to that that I only paid...
Selvaggio, I had two (nearly identical) suits made by him not long ago. I posted pictures of one and invited comments and opinions in this thread, if you haven't found it yet. Some of the feedback I got might be of interest to you as well. Note that based upon my pictures a few people here have recommended more waist suppression. If you use the search function, you'll find another thread where the OP mentioned he was having a Dũng suit altered back home to add waist...
Quote: Originally Posted by StylenotFashion 1. There are really only two knots worth considering: the four-in-hand and half-Windsor 3. The blade ends should ideally reach the top of the trouser waistband and should match up in length. Personally I think that looks awful. Anyway I don't see how men of different body heights/torso lengths are supposed to achieve blades of equal lengths with varying-length ties using only FIH and...
For me it depends on the tie's length and material, although generally speaking I prefer symmetric knots, so I only do FIH if it's a heavy silk. I have one tie that is so long that even on me it requires a Windsor knot with a second loop ("double Windsor"?) to use up enough length, otherwise the slim end remains longer than the wide end. Bizarrely enough, the knot still turns out much less voluminous than with most of my other ties because the silk is so light:
Quote: Originally Posted by trader just realized the exchange rates are pretty good now (i thought it was 10000 vnd= 1 usd). When were you there the last time? I think it was 10,000 to a dollar fifteen years ago, when my parents took me to VN for the first time.
Quote: Originally Posted by trader for a small fee of say 50 dollars (plus price of shoes + shipping) To be honest, I think that's a little steep considering it's nearly twice the price of getting the shoes made. I took my cues from this thread too when I was there and while the result certainly fits my feet better than any OTR I've ever worn, I think the shape of the tip is not very elegant. Which is probably the main problem with just...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba It may even prompt you to use a tailor that cuts in a style that compliments your frame better then what you're using. Atm I'm not prepared to spend what it would cost to have garments tailor-made where I live, so I'm going to stick to SE Asia for the time being. This tailor is one of the few I know of in Vietnam who does full canvassing and fulfils all those little extra wishes like strap adjusters on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Martin Stall It would also protect you from spending money, since it's hard to open them. and even harder to fasten unless you use both hands one for the button the other for the tab which looks slightly awkward. I'd wondered if that's normal...