or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Did you d/l the new song "Lights" that they gave away on their Web site? Good stuff - if the rest of the album is like that, it would be an improvement over the last couple of albums in my opinion.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles I don't understand why Street Spirit is famous but Black Star doesn't get as much love. Superior song imo. +1,000! Black Star is one of my favourite crank-up-the-volume songs of all time. There are few others songs I have listened to as many times as this one. That said, I voted OKC. I also agree with whoever said the slobbering of Pitchfork et al over every new RH release is tiring. Post-OKC RH...
Great hint Movin, you're the best! There is a SCART connector. I've just tried and it works with an adapter from SCART->RCA! The best thing is I discovered I already had that kind of adapter from a previous application, except I never thought to use it for signal output. That settles the matter, thanks for the help!
Looks very nice even at this stage! Looking forward to seeing the final result. Is it just me or could the pockets be just a little higher? Hard to make it out on this picture...
otc, there are definitely neither RCA jacks nor a headphones out. The device was 225 euros and has built-in DVB-T *and* built-in DVD - they had to cut corners somewhere. Getting an external DVD player makes the built-in one redundant but it's still the easiest and least costly solution short of returning the TV set to amazon and looking for a whole new combination of TV + DVD player (and that's just too much hassle).
I don't know, to me Kirpan doesn't sound angry at all - he sounds quite reasonable actually. He never even suggested an alternative, which he might have done if he was a "jealous competitor". I'd love to see pictures of Svenn's suits, both HK and Narin (when it's done). Let SF decide which is superior (or better value-for-money). You'll get an honest, fair appraisal from the regulars here (especially if you don't say beforehand who made which suit ).
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Two- or even three-button throat closures are on the rise as well. Two-button throat closures are great, especially if you have a long neck and need high collars. Three buttons otoh, no.
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick I can't remember right, but I don't believe most DVD's output pure PCM that standalone DAC's require. Usually it's Dolby Digital 2.0, which does not work with those. Your cheapest bet is getting a stand-alone DVD player. In the setup menu I can set the coaxial port to be either SPDIF/RAW or SPDIF/PCM. The manual claims that the former is for Dolby, the latter for 2-channel audio. Either way, since...
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick Coaxial audio is a digital output. Your mixer seems to be pure analog. You won't be able to hook up the two via coaxial. As others have said, if there's a Line out/Aux out/TV out jack on the TV, use that. Yes, a friend of mine who works in music production has just explained as much. He said either I get some sort of a digital-analogue converter (like this) or, more simply, a standalone DVD player with...
This might be a bit tricky, not sure if it can be done at all: I just bought a TV set with an integrated DVD player (this one). And I also have these Alesis studio monitors and a small Behringer mixer. The mixer is really only for convenience - it gives me a more convenient volume control than using Windows software volume control (if the signal comes from my laptop) and obviously it has several line and tape inputs so I can connect more than one device to the...