or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

You know, I'd be curious to see that actually (non-ironic). I could imagine that 6ft2" and 30" BOC might just get you into CM-approved territory.However, the TB suit on ssense I linked to is clearly not 30" BOC - not in any size. In fact, the model appears to be wearing a size 3 according to the info in the size chart! If that's the back (and sleeve!) length you get out of a size 3, I don't want to see what that suit looks like on even an average-height guy who needs one...
We seem to be going in circles with this.Yes, that model is tall, as most models tend to be. So maybe one thing we can all agree on is that fashion models tend to be taller (and less fat) than the general population, and clothes designers - although this is my speculation - are probably aware of that when they create patterns for OTR anything (including, but not limited to, suits and blazers).Having said that, have you looked at the picture of that TB suit from the back?...
^thisI think it's pretty obvious from that picture that that suit does not come in any size that this model could wear well off-the-rack. To achieve SF-approved length (CM-approved, that is), he'd have to go up at least two sizes, which would make everything way too wide, including (but not limited to) the pants.To be fair, that doesn't change the fact that TB's suit jackets also, as you put it, end "right in the middle of your...
For a suit jacket (as opposed to a SC), that MMM jacket is very short, by any standard. Perhaps if you are less tall than that model, it will look less extreme, but one way or the other, over in CM you'd get torn to pieces with this kind of length.Having said that, I think that the main reason all these modern-cut, Thom-Brownish-length jackets look bad is that they are always paired with low-rise trousers, so even with the jacket buttoned up, there is too much trouser...
Sure but I am not looking for bargains (why the facepalm?), more for labels that I have little access to at home. Yes I know that some small independent store in New Zealand is probably not gonna undercut Yoox prices. The two stores that I have found do appear to carry CdG and the like. It isn t really all that important to me at what price.
I'll be transiting through these places this weekend. Any shopping recommendations? I've googled around a bit and so far have found Scotties in Auckland and Oldlyric in Shanghai. Have been to Shanghai before but last time I was there I I was still only interested in CM... never been to Auckland.
no idea but anyway not before everything worthwhile has sold out in the (earlier) non-European sales
nah not in that colorway anyway
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I have to admit that, although I tend to look down on ostentatious Gucci-type brand-whoring I can be a bit of a brand whore myself when the brand is a name that I look up to design or quality-wise. (That's why I'm dismayed at negative reviews of Lanvin bags as that would normally be my want-to-have brand.) So yeah I guess I am willing to pay extra for having something with a certain name on it - now I only need to figure out any more if I...
I guess that means their sizing between sneakers and formal shoes is all over the place then. The last time I tried to get into a pair of Lanvin penny loafers in my normal size, it hurt like hell just having them on, still less walking around in them.