or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Yeah I'd do that. Just keep in mind that the price you'd pay for your item would be - the YOOX euro price - YOOX's shipping charges to me (usually between 0 and 13.50€, depending on what promotions they've got going on) - postage for a tracked parcel from me to the US, or wherever you are located (to give you an idea, even for the most lightweight of items this will never be under 20€ but rarely more than 50) - whatever small fee PayPal takes out of your payment to me -...
(not interested myself, just to show what it comes to effectively for EU shipped)
ROFLMAO f***in brilliant, both OP and replies
^hmmm.... I'm not so sure that's true: Note that a lot of items are not only cheaper to Europe but also discount-code-eligible where to the US they aren't. I'm sure you could find examples where it's the other way round but on the whole, this seems to be the pricing policy. My guess is this is how they can afford to offer US prices "inclusive of customs and import duties" - they don't really pick up the customs tab for American sales,...
The easiest way to check for this is, as far as I'm aware, to replace the two-letter country code in the address line of whatever item you're looking at with the code of the country you would want that item shipped to.E.g. if you are looking at this item on Yoox Italy:http://www.yoox.com/it/41466151FE/item?#cod10=41466151FE&sizeId=3and want it to the US, enter this:http://www.yoox.com/us/41466151FE/item?#cod10=41466151FE&sizeId=3If the item is not available to the other...
The things you learn... Thanks for that; I guess that explains why the tag doesn't actually say "reversible". Pity, it would have given the jacket a cool deconstructivist look... oh well.
More additions to my informal wardrobe Ann D. - Love these! - Still available on YOOX in various sizes Brioni polo shirt Dries shirt (the inside placket was a nice surprise as YOOX intelligently always take all their pictures with all buttons and zippers closed) Ann D. pants from rayon, linen and cotton (I posted a fit picture of these in the Raf thread) Marc Jacobs virgin-wool sweatpants (still unhemmed)
Another new item. Got this on the last day of the most recent Mr Porter sale; was marked down 70 or 80 per cent to 140€. Certainly not everybody's taste but I'm a sucker for his techno-inspired leanings: It's still available on YOOX too (in the same size, S) albeit in a different colour scheme and as yet a little higher-priced. The wool jacket I posted earlier can theoretically be worn inside out as I only discovered now, looking at the tag. Of course actually wearing...
Belgium: REDCARPET25 for 25 per cent till 17 Feb working on not all but quite a few items...
pm me if you need a proxy from BE, DE or FR (most items on the UK/Italian sites ship to the rest of Europe also)not sure what would happen at US customs though; might make whatever you have set your sights on a bit (a lot?) more expensive