or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Interesting but I believe that must be a difference in their US vs EU policy. I usually order to addresses in Belgium and Germany (sometimes to hotel addresses in France also) and every item you order to addresses in these countries can be returned. Maybe it's to do with EU legislation. I do know from items which have been in my dreambox for a long time that the prices of sample sale items are not necessarily the theoretical minimum price as determined by their algorithm,...
So what exactly is the story with the sample sale? I notice that various items I had been watching have been moved into the sample sale for the current warehouse clearance promotion. (They no longer show up in the regular search results, only if you click on the warehouse clearance banner first and then filter for designer/catgory etc.) Do they ever move items back from the sample sale to the regular product group when a promotion is over? Reason I'm asking is that...
Not only still working (till Tuesday 10 a.m.) but now giving 30(!) per cent off if you make your order with the Yoox app on a mobile device.The app seems to deserve its bad rep - error messages, won't open dreambox, very slow page loading etc. Pretty unnerving, but I ordered stuff worth ~750 euros, so the extra discount was worth the hassle. In the end, I logged into my account on my computer, put the items into the shopping bag there, then re-logged in on my Android phone...
while on the subject of shearling collars:
^That Isaia coat doesn't ship to Europe. Don't know what site you are using, but if you're in Europe, that's why it doesn't show up in the search results.
I don't agree with that; I don't think "a couple of years useful life" is fair at all - not even for decent RTW, still less a bespoke product.When I read the first sentence ("I was 24 or 25...") I thought it was going to continue "...and now I'm 36/42/whatever and I still wear them all/none have fallen apart."4-5 years (seasons!, more strictly speaking) seems like the average use most people get out of run-of-the-mill RTW. I'm sure most people who spend 4-digit...
I wouldn't be too worried. There is much more wear on a leather sole during the first few wears. It doesn't continue at that rate. When I wore my first pair of leather-soled ankle boots for the first time, it just so happened that I got into massive rain. Had to keep wearing them the whole day, and outside for much of that day. When I came back to the hotel in the evening and looked at the soles, I almost had a heart attack. They looked a lot worse than what you've...
Can't be the (only) reason; Germany also had 15/20/25 in the ENJOYCOLORS discount.I have accounts on the German, Belgian, French and Italian site and have often wondered about the price differences and discounts given. The French seem to get the worst deal in general with many items and brands more expensive than to addresses in Germany, Belgium and Italy. Also, sometimes I notice that items which have been discounted on the other sites are still the original price on YOOX...
So I've put the whole RO coat thing on ice for the time being and instead have set my sights on this intarsia: http://www.spenceclothing.com/store/men/Rick-owens-leather-jacket-vintage-effect-art27538.html Only available in size S any more though. Does anybody have one in S and can confirm measurements? The Web site gives measurements but not sure they can be trusted - the length seems to vary rather enormously (9 centimetres from S to XL).
I have various merino-wool T-shirts. Problem is they seem to be available mostly from outdoor/climbing etc. apparel suppliers (Icebreaker, Bergans, Ortovox) and look it, so outside of sports and hiking activities I wear them only if they disappear more or less completely under the next layer. Which is not the case if the next layer is a V-neck jumper or a cardigan.