or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

I feel for you @jsd642, that sucks. So all that talk about "we help you out when PayPal doesn't" was just empty advertising. Probably they needed to have some ostensible new benefits to present when they introduced seller's fees. So basically the burden of proof is always on the seller, and selling history and feedback account for nothing...
I love elongated shirts but I think that a) elongated shirts come in versions a lot more elongated than that one (depends on body height I guess) and b) the triple collar looks kinda silly to me.
I'm not sure I am following you here. You seem to be criticising that there are barriers in the EU to harmonisation, i.e. not enough harmonisation? I thought it was EU legal-framework harmonisation that prompted people to vote leave, so the UK could make its legislation on its own?As for there being "no EU passport", I don't know. All the nationally-issued passports I have seen say "EUROPEAN UNION" in fat letters on the cover and will give access to EU-wide visa- and...
Vodafone Germany has just started offering free EU-wide roaming for calls and data services, including for pay-as-you-go users. Starting from 9.99 euros,will buy you a month of EU-wide calls, messages and data. I actually think that this nicely illustrated how the EU's image problem is less to do with alienation from or arrogance of its political leaders, than that people take for granted what it achieves for them (but of course blame it for what doesn't work). Do you...
man it's hard to follow this discussion without getting drawn into it. I don't think leave voters are stupid, nor do I think of them as caricatures. I'm sure they are real people with real concerns, just as anybody else who voted in the referendum. What I do think is that a fair share of those who voted leave were brainwashed into doing so by two big leave-campaign lies: - EU legislation is made by unelected officials, and - there is a conspiracy against democracy by...
I am a (continental) European and have no problem with the result of the referendum. If a majority of Brits voted "out" in a democratic process, so be it, let 'em go. I don't think it's going to ruin the UK to leave - nor, however, the rest of the EU, as some circles in other member states hope (whatever grievances exist in other member states is nowhere near enough to build a popular majority; certainly not in the countries that hold the EU together). Who knows, Brexit -...
Interesting thread, don't think I've seen it before. Over the last 2-3 years I have sampled many styles as documented by my posts in the purchases thread.. When I started getting into the last one - Raf, Dries, and some Japanese/vaguely avant-garde-ish leanings - I was 100 per cent certain that I had settled on what I would wear for the foreseeable future, and anyway for many years to come. Lately however I have noticed that my interest not only in those Belgian/Japanese...
LOL ^classic
got commented on as well, on page 2 somewhere:
Clothes can be used as an expression of certain aspects of your personality, but I think what he means is that if your whole wardrobe burned down or got stolen and you were suddenly reduced to wearing nothing but non-descript jeans and T-shirts from Zara, you'd still be the same person - to your relations as well as to yourself.