or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Yes, it's a fashion brand; fashion being a synonym for clothes. The Italian clothes industry. Btw in Italy nobody makes that distinction. The Italian word for fashion, moda, is used exactly like that: Everything is "la moda", doesn't matter if it's Gucci or Cucinelli. The difference you mean exists nowhere but in the heads of SF'ers, cemented, regrettably, by the hard partitioning wall that SF erects between what it thinks is "CM" or "SW&D". If I wear a Zegna knit over a...
Yeah what can I say. I have a low opinion of Cucinelli. He's an upstart trying to pass off what he does as a heritage brand when obviously it isn't. Kind of like Hackett actually, except at greatly inflated price (although not, unfortunately, with higher quality). Sadly people are lapping it up, just because it's Italian and prohibitively expensive they assume it must be good. The worst thing about Cucinelli, Malo, Loro Piana et al is that they are so incredibly...
SLP has been available on some (not all) European Yoox sites forever. I note that it's also available now on Yoox France, which it wasn't before. So it's clearly just a removal of marketing restrictions, which may or may not have to do with the arrival of Anthony Vaccarello. Slimane was notorious for wanting to make the brand inaccessible. Btw LOL at Bottega Veneta being "streetwear" (I'm with you though!), and also, Bottega >>> Cucinelli. Cucinelli is just an...
I think that the kind of vertical integration that @ClambakeSkate favours requires a lot of other things besides a designer having technical skills. Btw, Alexander Wang, whether or not you like what he does stylistically, is one of the most technically minded designers of his generation. On the other hand I'm not sure I perceive the Antwerp Six as particularly technically skilled. Then again, I have no problem with designers not being makers (and vice versa); they are two...
That sucks @Johan. I feel for you. Have had a handful of bad shipping experiences myself. Assuming you paid with credit card, you don't stand a bad chance though. I have successfully filed a few claims for stolen parcels. It may be worth pointing out to all parties involved - your credit card provider, Loewe as well as UPS - that you didn't personally sign for the shipment, so by the time you took receipt of it, it was too late to check that it hadn't been tampered...
P.S. Of course having said all this I will check my next potential purchase, a Loewe puzzle XL, against all of the minute quality details you have enumerated!
@PierpontLeather, I would have wanted to reply sooner, now @Master-Classter beat me to a few points. However, I don't think that companies only count on customer ignorance (stupidity, if you want to call it that). Especially luxury labels realise that the more specific (=inimitable) their product looks, the more their customer has no choice but to turn to them for a given style. And that's fair. SF groupthink tends to condone high prices when they are justified by...
I have been following this thread on and off and feel compelled to offer my two cents on a few of the things that keep getting said here. First of all, it's pointless to keep saying Prada/Burberry or whatever isn't worth 2,5k because who buys these brands at full retail price anyway? Maybe clueless rich people IRL, but certainly nobody who takes the time reading this thread. 100 per cent of SF'ers are thrifters, so none of us would be paying these prices to begin with. So...
+1,000,000Then again annoying as hell as it may be, I guess it ties in with what somebody said earlier about the financial situation (and maybe age also) of the average SW&D grailer.I wish there was an alternative to grailed without the annoyances
Sleepy thread. Wonder why it's struggling to become a permanent fixture around here, like the one over in SW&D. Got this Gucci holdall recently at Mitsukoshi: