Posts by il_colonnello

I know exactly what you mean, fully agree. I especially resent the way all these stores further entrench in people's minds (especially in young, college-grad-job employees) the idea that being able to afford expensive brand products is somehow the "reward" for their hard work ("work hard play hard", that kind of crap).However, since that's what Mr Porter has - brandnew, current-season designer labels (I'm not sure a lot of them qualify as genuine luxury, but anyway) - I...
So, in other Hermès news, I recently learned (through this article), which contractor in Germany makes Hermès' knit ties. I had wondered about this since when I bought my first Hermès knit tie a while back and noticed that the label said "Made in Germany". It's this company: http://www.ascot.de/ Since they also make ties under their own name, I was curious how those would compare to the Hermès-labeled ones, so I ordered one, and lo and behold, you get almost exactly the...
The small things (10-20 per cent off for minor issues) have always occurred now and then since when I started shopping on Yoox, long before the merger. The two bigger instances I recounted in my earlier post were both post-merger.I didn't know there were country-specific e-mail addresses, have always used help@...
No, continent.As I said, it's weird that some people would have that impression. Once, when I needed to get in touch with them about an order shipped to a hotel address in France, I was surprised to find they even operate a dedicated, French-speaking phone hotline. As far as I'm aware, they don't do that for most other countries/languages.I should stress that I have never bugged them frivolously, i.e. just to try and see if I couldn't get back a few €€€. Every time I...
Not my experience. I live in Europe and e-mail them all the time about wrong sizes or minor defects in items, they always offer extra % off. I don't know why people keep portraying Yoox customer service as better in the US than elsewhere.Once I e-mailed them about a 1k SLP jacket that had developed some weird mold-like stains, about a year after I had bought it. Returned, full refund.Another time a pair of pants tore near a seam (a small, repairable rip) after only the...
I only have a couple of Missoni (knee-high) socks. Some of the best socks I've worn. Fabric is outstanding, and have held up nicely in spite of massive wear/washing. Have also handled other items, the quality always seemed excellent (which it ought to be, considering the prices).Not sure on the other hand whether I'm a big fan of the zig-zag pattern on larger items (knits etc.), although I realise that Missoni without the zig-zag is kinda like a vegetarian burger... I...
What's "dad jeans" to one person is the welcome - and long overdue - return of wide-leg pants to another. :-)Both Dries and Raf have been doing it for several seasons, it is high time the rest of the world latched onto it...
^Yeah, Vitkac, in Warsaw. They have their own online store as well: www.vitkac.com (I have ordered from them directly once or twice.)
I bought two umbrellas by Mario Talarico last year on a trip to Naples (1 long, 1 collapsible) and highly recommend them. They don't seem to be available online directly from the maker, but some online retailers (e.g. NMWA and KA Hanger Project) have them.There's also a store here with prices in sterling, maybe a good option with the pound in decline:http://www.exquisitetrimmings.com/products/Designer/Mario-Talarico/
I have seen situations like that as well, but I think sometimes stores won't discount prices as much as on their own sites because they want to (or maybe even have to, contractually?) participate in Farfetch's promo codes, and they don't want the Farfetch code to push the effective price to less than what they would get selling directly. E.g. there is still a Raf Simons coat from last spring on Farfetch for >1,000 € which is available on the retailer site for 800,...