or Connect

Posts by il_colonnello

Last one before I disappear to China later today for an extended (much needed) break from all this [[SPOILER]]
Unfortunately, you have a point there. :-(I'm getting a little tired of looking at them myself, especially as not one of those books belongs to me.Anyway, onwards. Monday special: No bookshelves! [[SPOILER]]
Not what I'm wearing today but yesterday's outfit: [[SPOILER]]
From what percentage discount would you say is that the case? I read an interview once with the guy who founded stylebop. He said generally speaking they buy about 70-80 pieces of basic items like pants or shirts, and the number may drop to 20-30 for very exclusive, high-ticket items. Now, when sales season starts (and not starting with 70 per cent off of course but a meager 25), it seems a lot of things are already gone and most of the rest is only available in certain...
So, at the Ann Demeulemeester store yesterday I tried on 4 items and bought 3 of them (admittedly one of them was a bag so didn't require so much "trying on"): fit pic of pants with bag At Dries Van Noten I made a valiant effort I think I tried on just about the whole store in the space of an hour or two and in the end bought 1 item... ...and even this one I am having creeping doubts about the morning after. Might try to get rid of it again (pm if interested). So...
This is interesting and strikes me as typical of the differences between the US and Europe.As you say, returns ought to be enforceable by law if something has been misrepresented. The underlying assumption in EU law is that whenever you sell somebody something remotely, providing a mere photographic image of the physical object is, in some way, by definition a misrepresentation of said object. Therefore, just as nobody is forced to buy anything from anyone else, likewise...
anyway I'm off to Antwerp now for some good ol' b&m shopping will make it a point to count how much I try on vs. how much (if anything) I buy
Has it occurred to you guys that perhaps you're just an easy fit (or easier fits than other people anyway)? I'm a pretty difficult fit - lengthwise I could easily wear XL, but p2p I need a size S or at the most M. I won't go through my whole Yoox history again but I'll go out on a limb and say that maybe half of my Yoox returns have been pants and sleeves which were too short. This is something Yoox is especially good at: when every once in a while they have a pair of...
I don't think your sarcasm is justified. Clothes are not books or CDs; how do you expect people to buy them online as if they were? It's only natural for products which have to be tried on (and touched) to know if they please to generate a lot more returns than computer monitors or airline tickets. And yet online retailers expect the same clientele who in b&m stores are used to buying 1 out of 4 items taken into a fitting room to somehow behave more responsibly online when...
excellent