or Connect

Posts by MaxK

Got my second polo order a few days ago. The lavender was excellent. The navy on white stripe was less so. I'll be keeping the shirt, but the fabric on the stripe polo doesn't have the same "holy crap this is nice" quality that the solids have. While the solid color polos are far and away the best polos I've found, the stripes are merely in the upper end of the range. The phenomenal collar roll of the solids just isn't quite there with the striped fabric.
I found the length after drying once on medium was pretty spot on. That said, an inch shorter wouldn't be a deal breaker. So count me as an "either or" vote, or split the difference and knock off a half inch, with a note to dry once if you want to length to come up a bit more. Just placed my order for two more. Did the light blue sell out in L already?
If anyone is on the fence on the tangerine linen pants, get the hell off and buy them. I was in the Smith St. store today and checked them out. They are freaking phenomenal (and sold out in my size ). Went with the natural color, simply awesome.
My Penobscot penny loafers in Natural came in today, and they are everything I had hoped they would be. I will be putting some serious use on these this summer. Now if only the freaking rain would leave NYC so I could wear these beautiful things! The unending thunderstorms are just brutal. I'm dying for some sun here!
Just got the shipping notification for the penny's pre-order. I'm already checking the forecast hoping for a nice warm day to rock them and the patch madras shorts. Equally excited about the chino restock, I'm itching to add another pair (or two) to the collection.
Just checked out the tumblr blog. I will definitely be picking up the Kirin cufflinks, those look great.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark Anthony What size did you order? I am virtually identical to you in measurements. Likewise find most shirts too long, have to send some Lacoste to the tailor one of these days. I ordered a size large. After a wash and dry on medium the shirt shrunk up in length a fair amount, and is now a perfect fit. I won't be putting it through the dryer any more, but now it's ideal in terms of dimensions. All that...
I just received my Kent Wang polo today. I'm an odd fit, a short slim guy with broad shoulders (5'7", 38.5" chest, 18" across the shoulders PTP, 15.5" neck). The fit of the shoulders is great, and the collar as others have said is wonderful. The only issue for me is the length. I don't usually wear polos tucked, and this thing is long! The fabric is very nice, and everything but the length is just about perfect, so I'm going to wash it and see if it shrinks up at all. It...
Now I so want to do a karaoke rendition of "The Horror of Party Beach."
Quote: Originally Posted by Epaulet Actually, this gives me an idea. We're working on the early Summer delivery of Epaulet shirts right now. Maybe I should integrate a black fishnet tank into the collection? Could be a great match to Rivet Chinos and Yuketen Country Rangers. Any chance of the bladed spike gauntlets in a natural chromexcel? That would look sick with the elusive shadow dot shirt.