or Connect

Posts by MaxK

Whole cut all the way. But I'd put another vote in for calf not shell. I love cordovan, but to me this shoe should be a dress calf (and hopefully with a rams head medallion!). A nice light color for spring.
How about a dress shoe in a lighter colored calf, on a sleek last like the Rain with a rams-head medallion? Do it as a whole-cut.
NewYorkRanger is the best dressed teacher in NYC, and the beard is fierce.
Hey Mike, I saw earlier in the thread that the Cramertons are machine washable. Should I expect any inseam shrinkage if I wash cold and hang dry? I'm trying to decide if I should give them a cold soak before having them hemmed. I think these will look great with a cuff!
The orange paisley pocket square is so nice in person, picked that up today on a whim while I was getting a pair of Cramertons.
I've been looking at some AS shoes on the 89 last, how would that last compare in fit to the C&J 348? I take a size 8D US, but 7E 348s fit me like a dream.
Voted for both! I would love a fit pic contest, that would be sweet.
Congratulations Mike and Adele! With all the delight that your work has given us, I'm reminded of a quote from Homer on the subject of marriage: "There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends."
I'm having the hole issue with my wool socks as well. The cotton socks are holding up very well, but despite hand washing and hang drying my wool socks are all developing holes in the heels after very light wear. I really want to like the wool socks, but they need to be more durable.
I am beyond excited to get a look at the peacoat. I was rocking my Walt houndstooth checks today and got compliments as usual. I took stock recently and realized that it is a very rare day that I am not wearing at least one Epaulet piece if not more. The pants especially are just phenomenal, a great combination of cut and cloth. I'm wistfully looking forward to cooler days so I can break out my Triton jacket again. I wore the crap out of that thing last year.