or Connect

Posts by MaxK

I don't own any Carminas yet (but I'm in on the austerity brogue order), but I do have a number of pairs of Aldens and have checked out the Carminas in person. Echoing CHRK33, the Carminas seem much sleeker and have a superior level of finish as compared to the Aldens. The Carminas seem to be on the level with, if not surpassing, Crockett and Jones bench grade (of which I have a few pairs and love).
Excellent! Order is in. These are going to be great. I love the idea of the suede/calf boot. I like cordovan, but don't seem to be as excited about it as many here are.
Seriously. Rivet Chinos are like crack. I've got two pairs, and will be hitting the new stuff Mike is bringing in HARD.
This was really fun, you should do something like this every year Mike!
Ok, first entry. Me with the kids in the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Smith jeans and the double-prong brown chromexel belt.
Oh man, gonna have to come check out that moleskin over-shirt. Now I need to convince my wife to take photos of me for the contest, seeing as all I wear are Epaulet trousers!
Whole cut all the way. But I'd put another vote in for calf not shell. I love cordovan, but to me this shoe should be a dress calf (and hopefully with a rams head medallion!). A nice light color for spring.
How about a dress shoe in a lighter colored calf, on a sleek last like the Rain with a rams-head medallion? Do it as a whole-cut.
NewYorkRanger is the best dressed teacher in NYC, and the beard is fierce.
Hey Mike, I saw earlier in the thread that the Cramertons are machine washable. Should I expect any inseam shrinkage if I wash cold and hang dry? I'm trying to decide if I should give them a cold soak before having them hemmed. I think these will look great with a cuff!