or Connect

Posts by MaxK

I travel for a week on business and I come back to hear this awesomeness: Polos. Hell yes. I have quite a few of the Kent Wang polos, and one of the long sleeve version, and I love them. I'd love some in Epaulet choice cloth and colors though! Unstructured Italian-style jacket. Oh I hope this fits me. I've stayed away from the suiting so far since the fit just wasn't quite right for me, but maybe this one will work.
Picked up the brown calf Fitzgerald's today. Phenomenal shoes, I'm going to be putting these in heavy rotation. Saw a sneak peak of some more Carmina goodness while I was in the Smith Street shop. Mike, you are killing my wallet here, but please don't stop. Tried on the new "button" Rivet Chinos. I was a 29 before, with that being a bit tight in the thigh but the 30 being too loose in the waist. I'm definitely a 30 in the new cut, so PSA to all the 29/30 folks you may...
Just hopped on a pair if the Fitzgeralds in calf. I'll need to check out the caramel duck canvas in person when I go pick them up, the color looks amazing but I'm not enough of a color ninja to know if they will work for me without seeing them in person in daylight.
I will be on those boots so fast.
I am going to rock these SO hard this spring.
I've got two pairs of cordovan seconds. One had a very slight "slice" near the heel, which shoe mart told me about before I ordered. If I had bought the shoes as "firsts" I would have been unhappy, but as is I found the defect very minor for the price I paid. The other pair I honestly could not figure out what was wrong with them. Perhaps there was a minor ripple? Who knows. They seemed perfect to me despite going over them in great detail. I also have a pair of calf...
This is a great thread, it's fascinating to read the responses. I started dressing better a few years ago. I started noticing other men who just looked put together, and realized that I wasn't one of them. They stood out, they looked effortless, and the looked a lot better than I did. It all started with a desire to just do something basic, dressing myself, better than I had been. In retrospect, it was a similar to when I decided I needed to start learning to cook, manage...
I don't own any Carminas yet (but I'm in on the austerity brogue order), but I do have a number of pairs of Aldens and have checked out the Carminas in person. Echoing CHRK33, the Carminas seem much sleeker and have a superior level of finish as compared to the Aldens. The Carminas seem to be on the level with, if not surpassing, Crockett and Jones bench grade (of which I have a few pairs and love).
Excellent! Order is in. These are going to be great. I love the idea of the suede/calf boot. I like cordovan, but don't seem to be as excited about it as many here are.
Seriously. Rivet Chinos are like crack. I've got two pairs, and will be hitting the new stuff Mike is bringing in HARD.