or Connect

Posts by MaxK

Good god. I'm saving for a move to a new apartment man, and you are killing me with these Carmina shots. Now, not only will it be hard to save, I'll need a bigger apartment for the shoe storage. And the preview of the new "Heisenberg" bomber? I'll obviously need to start selling a ton of meth to get the cashflow going. Had to jump on the natural chromexel belt, been eyeing that for a while. And inevitably when I go to pick it up I'll have to try on the new polos. Somehow...
I'm not one to normally post the "OMG love love love" posts, but had to share this for all the Epaulet freaks on this thread. I was cleaning out my closet a few days ago, and had some thoughts about this crazy hobby. I discovered Epaulet right around when I started taking dressing seriously a few years ago. I think we've all been through the phase where we were figuring things out, and had a few regrettable purchases as we found our way into this brave new world of buying...
The wholecut is pretty cool. How about a straight up wholecut with a rams head medallion?
Get yourself a deer bone, like Will sells here. These things are absolute magic on cordovan. They polish out scrapes and scratches phenomenally well. You can read up on how to use them, but essentially you just take the smooth side of the bone and rub it with some good force in a circular motion on the scuff (you'll need shoe trees in to do this). The shoe will start to look really waxy and dull. Then give it a strong brushing and you'll have shiny smooth cordovan.
I put waterproofing spray on all my suede shoes. It's totally invisible and I've had no issues with this (other than protecting me from errant drops!).
[[SPOILER]] Both. But if you can only have one, get the blue suede Carminas. Wore mine for the first time yesterday and got crazy compliments. They are so so good.
Went to Smith St. with my little girl today. She has excellent taste in colors, and immediately picked out a pair of of the cherry rivets. Love the cloth. I also saw the blue suede carminas and they are unbelievable. I'll be back tomorrow to pick up my austerity brogues, but I have a feeling a pair of the blue suede will be coming home as well.... It goes without saying (or rather, is said about 5 times a page in this thread) Mike, but you and Adele run a gem of an...
I was feeling especially casual today and work the grey floral chambray and EP denim to work today. I've never gotten so many compliments on a shirt. It's still in stock so if are on the fence just go for it. I'm not normally a floral print guy but this shirt is killer.
Back from vacation. Patch madras shorts on the beach, with the little guy in arms watching the waves.
I travel for a week on business and I come back to hear this awesomeness: Polos. Hell yes. I have quite a few of the Kent Wang polos, and one of the long sleeve version, and I love them. I'd love some in Epaulet choice cloth and colors though! Unstructured Italian-style jacket. Oh I hope this fits me. I've stayed away from the suiting so far since the fit just wasn't quite right for me, but maybe this one will work.