or Connect

Posts by axla

I agree with other postings that it takes a "no care" attitude to wear cowboy boots. I work in a high rise downtown and am the only one regularly wearing them. I started wearing my cowboy boots on weekends with friends and always received a mix of positive and negative comments from them, but I never cared. I do remember the first time I wore them to work about 3 years ago that I was a little nervous about wearing them in that environment. It was Casual Friday so I...
Judging from the length of this thread alone, I think cowboy boots never really go out. They may fade in and out in popularity in areas where they are not a staple, but they'll always be around.
Quote: Originally Posted by DucatiCole Thanks guys. I don't want to project a western image at all. I normally wear chucks or moccasins for footwear. I want to wear the boots with my sweaters and collared shirts but I don't want to look stupid mixing styles or something. You think that would be a problem? I wear cowboy boots all the time, but I don't wear the hats or the buckles. I love the booted look with polo shirts and button downs....
Wranglers work great with or without boots. While most bootcut jeans seem to flare almost like bellbottoms, Wrangler claims their jean is designed to fit over boots, which they do even though the leg isn't wide. The only thing I don't like is the plastic tag on the back pocket, which I always cut off . Regardless, these jeans look great whether you're wearing tall boots or sneakers.
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkBack42Clicks Is it only restricted to guys who live in Cowboy Country, Wyoming, Calgary etc or is it fashionable in places like NY, LA as well???... Please let me know what you think. Do you think it could work, or do you think it would look stupid. I wear boots often and I do not live in Cowboy Country. In places where they are not the norm, my experience is boots draw attention to you like magnets - and...