or Connect

Posts by LS7

For sale I have a NWT pair of Ralph Lauren Purple Label "Madison" flannel pants in a staple light grey colour. The perfect dress pant for pairing with a sportcoat and/or blazer. Tagged as a 28" waist, these measure closer to a true size 30", as is typical of unaltered RLPL. Made in Italy in 100% wool - 3 season weight worsted flannel. I say 3 season weight because this is not a heavy woolen flannel, and more importantly these pants are not lined. Therefore one might...
Price drop
Price drop
For sale I have a NWOT Ermenegildo Zegna mainline silk knit tie. The front blade consists of narrow horizontal stripes of equal width, alternating between cream and pink. Really a very rich colour combination. Made in Italy. The quality of Zegna silk knit ties is well established, and this example is no exception. Features a very sturdy weave and a solid cream back blade. See further description here:...
The silk knit tie is the classic version - you can wear them even with suits. I've never seen a cotton knit; wool, cashmere and various blends thereof, but never cotton. A $15 price tag though? Not sure how good the quality will be for that money. The cheaper ones tend to have a weave that doesn't hold up to regular wear. My TM Lewin silk knits (Made in China) are a perfect example - they have developed pulls and have frayed more at the end. My more expensive knit...
My perspective only goes back as far as 2009, however I think the OP represents a somewhat rose-tinted view of the forum, particularly the B&S section. When the Woodbury Common frenzies were in full swing and some of those items ended up on B&S, I for one didn't have a problem with that. I bought three or four RLPL items back then, in full knowledge the seller was making a good profit on the purchase price. So what? Their time isn't free and I still thought I was...
42R sold; 36R available
Price drop
Yes the Nevis is on the 606 last. Took the same size as my Dover on the 606 and the fit is good.
For sale I have a NWT RLPL suit in the rare size of 42L, more specifically 42L Drop 6 (hence the pants are tagged 36). This particular example is a single breasted peak lapel suit from the RLPL "Custom Fit" line, using a cut named "Drake" that is trimmer than standard RLPL (in-between RLPL and RLBL when comparing the measurements). I've compared the measurements to a 40L "Savile Row" RLPL which I recently sold, and it seems that this 42L is very close in sizing to that...