or Connect

Posts by LS7

I have rubber toe taps on my Vass and I prefer those to the metal version. They have the advantage that they still wear down through use, although at a slower rate than leather, hence to some degree matching the wear on the midsole.But in the absence of toe taps on the JL, what's the worse that can happen if I wear down to the welt at the toe? I think the welt can be replaced during a recraft without having to replace the insole.
I've never been a fan of Topy, for a number of reasons. The shoe is designed to be worn as it was manufactured, therefore adding another layer to the outsole just seems unnecessary from my perspective. Also I don't know of any cobblers in London who I would trust with the work; not that I've done the legwork to find one.As I've grown the rotation and started to wear Vass, AS and EG in addition to Lobb, I've realised that I don't care about leather soles wearing down,...
There have been a few posts in this thread where it was asked: "How does Museum calf age with wear?". Well perhaps these might be the oldest pair posted thus far. John Lobb Langton in New Gold Museum, 1105 last, 5 years old and have been worn a fair bit, but not yet resoled (even though the sole has worn almost to the welt at the toe). The uppers are still in very good condition with no cracking and much of the original mottled finish intact, although with the odd...
Here I present a 5 suit Ralph Lauren Black Label megathread for your consideration. This was planned to be a 6 suit listing, however I have just sold the 44R version in response to a WTB listing on the forum.For sale I have five amazing, almost identical, NWT RLBL suits in sizes 36R/38R/40R/40S/42R. These are single breasted notch lapel suits from the RLBL "Anthony" cut. The suit pants are also known as "Anthony" in RLBL terms, meaning they are quite slim - see...
Yep, thanks for the advice.
6125 Dark Cognac? If so I have the same makeup, except on a HAF sole (posted a few hundred pages back in the thread).Should have Oxblood shell incoming in a couple of weeks, first try with F last
Price drop
You'll get better prices on eBay for Cucinelli. I've seen NWT coats like yours selling for $2k+ very recently.
I'm by no means an expert on Brioni items, but this doesn't look good. The manufacturer's tag is similar to a Zegna style tag in layout, but not exactly the same. On a high-end brand such as Brioni I'd expect to see better workmanship on the underside of the collar. Is it too late to raise a PayPal dispute?
For sale I have one pair of the simply stunning Edward Green Brooksville. I believe this model was made exclusively for Ralph Lauren Purple Label from a couple of seasons ago, and indeed the sole treatment does suggest the shoe was made for RLPL. However this particular pair has an Edward Green branded sockliner, not the usual black RL version. The Brooksville is a Longwing Derby style shoe, perhaps the sleekest shoe of that style I have ever encountered. It's essentially...