Posts by LS7

Larry, I listed the prices in the EG appreciation thread. Worth repeating though: £460 for standard shoes, £525 for Dover, £545 for boots (Galway, Shannon), £610 for Nevis (the boot version of Dover). Yesterday was a special sale with 20% off those prices, but those are the usual numbers I guess (it was my first ever trip).Lobb was quite expensive. From £600 downwards to £300, dependent on the flaw, with all sorts of different price points between the two.HTH
Thanks all. Those really have to be my final shoe purchases for 2013 - must demonstrate restraint in future.
Factory Sale Report Yesterday was my first ever trip to Northampton, and it proved to be quite an expensive trip! I took the 7:04am train from London Euston, arriving at the EG factory at approximately 9am, only to find I was 20th in the queue. Upon arrival you are shown to a waiting room, which appears to double as the staff canteen during normal working hours. I had to wait for a further half an hour before I was allowed into the stock room; they only allow a certain...
I'll take some pics and post them in the main EG appreciation thread. Here's a run-down of what I purchased:Asquith - Dark Oak AntiqueChelsea - Dark Oak AntiqueDover - Chestnut AntiqueNevis (boot) - Chestnut AntiqueLeft behind a Galway in Burnt Pine in my size. Also saw a 9.5E Galway on a Dainite sole in the classic Dark Oak/Mink suede make-up (I'm a 10E on the 82, plus I already have one Galway).There were Dovers, Beaulieu, a Shannon in Black Calf/Black Suede (again...
Yes I was there, 20th in the queueing system at 9am! I still managed to pick up 4 very nice pairs as there was a very good selection in the 9.5-10 size range. EG are now enforcing a limit of 5 pairs per person, so one would hope that this puts paid to the eBay bulk buyers.
Anyone care for a $160,000 Kiton Crocodile Overcoat lined in Mink?
Nice. I have the same MTO make-up, but on the U last. For comparison:
Wow
Price drop
Price drop