or Connect

Posts by LS7

42R sold; 36R available
Price drop
Yes the Nevis is on the 606 last. Took the same size as my Dover on the 606 and the fit is good.
For sale I have a NWT RLPL suit in the rare size of 42L, more specifically 42L Drop 6 (hence the pants are tagged 36). This particular example is a single breasted peak lapel suit from the RLPL "Custom Fit" line, using a cut named "Drake" that is trimmer than standard RLPL (in-between RLPL and RLBL when comparing the measurements). I've compared the measurements to a 40L "Savile Row" RLPL which I recently sold, and it seems that this 42L is very close in sizing to that...
About 9:15am, 45 minutes after it opened
A good summary. Please note that you don't book an appointment on the day of the factory sale, instead you simply turn up and join a queueing system (they have a book of raffle tickets!). You don't have to be there before the sale opens though. I was 20th in the queue and still managed to pick-up 4 staples in a popular size, UK 10E (Dark Oak Chelsea, Dark Oak Asquith, Chestnut Nevis, Chestnut Dover) all on the same day. Prices are a little higher than you state. My...
Price drop
If you have access to a good alterations tailor then it is advisable to ask him/her to press the suit. I've never been brave enough to try this myself. So the short answer to your question is - yes, the creasing on those suits can be removed with a professional pressing. The tailor would normally do this by hand on a large ironing board with an attached sleeve board. The suit in the third link has been hung on a wire hanger. These don't provide adequate support for...
Price drop
Further to the recent discussion of Edwardian vs. Burnt Pine, these are a pair of Edwardian Antique Galways I proxied for an SF'er from the last pop-up sale. I really like the natural sole edge, perhaps a preview of what the proposed Cognac Cordovan Galway might look like?