or Connect

Posts by LS7

PM sent
I wondered if this short film made for the BBC Stop/Start series - linked below - might be of interest. Couldn't see it posted on any other CM threads. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26179200 Hopefully it can be viewed outside of the UK.
For sale I have a NWT Polo Ralph Lauren cotton twill field jacket in a solid olive colour, described as "Patrol Olive" on the tag. A real staple item of mens outerwear from a forum favourite brand. The coat is made from 100% cotton and is lined only in the back with a further thin layer of cotton twill. Most of the standard styling details of the field jacket are present on this example. The jacket is single breasted with a zip front, the zipper being then covered by a...
Price drop
Price drop
Great selection. If you were in the EU you would cost me a lot of money!
For sale I have one pair of the Edward Green Nevis boot in beautiful Chestnut Antique Calf. This boot is effectively a hybrid of two quintessential EG models - the Dover and the Galway. It features the same sweeping curves along the side of the boot as can be seen with the Galway pattern, but fundamentally it is a split toe Norveger in the style of the Dover. Note from the pictures how the apron of the Nevis has more of a squared shape than the Dover does. This is by...
I don't know much about their own brand clothes - where they source them from, pricing comparison to the same item not labelled as "Harrods".Their markup on premium labels is well-known; perhaps 10, 15, even 20%, depending on the item. What I often find strange is the availability of the same piece 500 yards down the road at Harvey Nichols, but for 10/15% less.
Are they possibly on the 240 last? I have a pair of the Brooks Brothers tan scotch grain boots that I bought on the forum (remember that chorse123 megathread?). I still have them over 4 years later and they've served me well. The 240 is also a generous wide-fitting last.
Added outsole measurements by request. I think the second measurement slightly exaggerates the width given that a Dainite sole extends further, away from the edge of the uppers, when compared to the equivalent boot on a leather sole. These are definitely a narrow width as I just tried on the left boot; way too tight for me (normal size 10E UK on this last).