or Connect

Posts by LS7

I was there around 7:40am and found myself about 15th in the queue. I'd echo the sentiments above about the slightly chaotic nature of the sale, although it was all good natured competitiveness between gentlemen. Dean was a bit annoyed that too many customers were being allowed to enter at once. Finding the correct sizes proved to be rather difficult since they were not strictly ordered like the EG pop-up sale. I picked up a Mayfair double monk specifically to offer as...
How did you determine this may I ask? Is it just the experience of owning many shell shoes and boots from a variety of makers?
Renovateur does indeed remove a little of the finish from any leather, not just museum. This should be apparent when you buff the shoes with a cotton cloth after allowing the Reno to dry; afterwards the cloth will have patches of the leather finish (dye?) at the area where you buffed. You should see the same effect with Saphir Medaille D'Or cream, but much less pronounced (the colour patch on the buffing cloth is faint in comparison).This is why Reno should be used...
Agree with you on the Asquith; possibly the best EG Oxford?Here's a new pair in Dark Oak Antique on the 888 last. I also managed to score a pair of 888 lasted RL trees on the Bay for a steal. Quite a find as they're as rare as rocking horse sh*t. [[SPOILER]]
Excellent initiative, well done. All of my sold items are already closed. As an aside, and I'm sure you've already investigated this point, but isn't there a database flag (Open/Closed) for each listing, thereby enabling some kind of mass update?
I concur with your preference for the straight edges (and I own the OEII myself). However your post reminded me of a feature often found on Vass with broguing, perhaps only noticeable with the OCD eye of an SF'er who has slightly too much time on his hands. By this I mean inconsistencies in the broguing pattern. [[SPOILER]] It's not a major flaw by any means, but it bothers me more on an formal Oxford style shoe than it would on a rustic Derby.
These are F last?
Price drop
For sale I have two pairs of Ralph Lauren Purple Label "Madison" lightweight wool pants in a staple cream colour. The perfect dress pant for pairing with a sportcoat and/or blazer during the warmer months of the year. One pair is tagged as a 28" waist, the other pair tagged 30" (keeping the 32" waist for myself).Made in Italy in 100% wool - very much a lightweight wool fabric appropriate for Spring/Summer wear, or possibly Fall if you reside in a region with warmer...
Additional 14.5" collar added to replace the sold shirt. These are the last three I have in this style.