Posts by mxgreen

Quote: Originally Posted by rssmsvc The BB sale had a boot that looks exactly the same and I will compare them to see if they were the same boot when I am in next. The boot you are referring to is a Peal badged Snowdon.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tangfastic I've just signed up to do a 26 mile walk and I'm thinking of using my Conistons with an extra pair of thick socks. Its either that, a pair of steel toe cap work boots or go out and buy some 'proper' walking boots which I probaby won't have time to break in. The longet I've walked in them before was 6 or 7 miles and they were perfectly comfortable, not sure if any boots will avoid blisters on a really long walk...
Quote: Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs I agree. I could have sold five of them already. Make that six.
Quote: Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs I'd say year round but it is too heavy for the hotter days of summer. I guess it's a no-go for South Florida then.
I just edited this post because I see that you provided much of the information I was looking for in the initial post. What is the weight of the material?
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger This is freaking great! Has to be one of us! http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/wo...20shoes&st=cse I doubt he is - too much black.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn Those appear less formal than a oxford captoe, but more formal than a derby. Given that they're black and have a 270 degree welt, I think they're squarely in the category of "conservative business dress." I would wear it with a more casual suit or an odd jacket. Nice shoes, btw. Those are nice shoes in the OP, but I think that they are less formal than a derby/blucher. I would wear them with and without...
Man, I sincerely feel bad for you if you have to sell for the cash. Those are sweet shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by mdao63 mx, I bought your Alden captoe 12D in the plaza last, and they work fine for me. So my 12D foot is maybe a bit on the long side? The Giffords were a bit snug, and though I thought they might break in nicely, but I didn't want to chance it (since I already had a neat pair of shell boots!) Okay, Pat, they won't work for me then. Hey, glad the Aldens are working out for you.
Alexander McQueen loafers. The opening bid is $1999.99. The seller is taking offers but, as the seller cautions, please be realistic. After all, he paid $5000 for the shoes.